Orek is the only way to do the steps

This thing is awesome for steps

The stepsin was to light and a back breaker

qe5e2ema.jpg

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We did a theater yesterday too, we do it twice a year. 6-Cimex's, we start at 7:00 AM back by 11:00AM.
No steps like that, two long runways from top to bottom then a common entry to the theater. The main corridor to all theaters, concession area and a game room. We've done it for 5-years now so it goes pretty smooth, cleans up well.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We did a theater yesterday too, we do it twice a year. 6-Cimex's, we start at 7:00 AM back by 11:00AM.
No steps like that, two long runways from top to bottom then a common entry to the theater. The main corridor to all theaters, concession area and a game room. We've done it for 5-years now so it goes pretty smooth, cleans up well.

6 cimex's at once :eekk: !

Daaayum.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have 7-Cimexe's but the job really doesn't need a 7th operator.

A supervisor usually goes to get the started, once the 6-Cimexe's are filled and running he leaves the crews. We do take (10) 5-gallon water containers to give them a jump start, after that they get hot water out of the Butler in a box. Easy job, they prevacuum, it moves pretty fast.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Mike because of last weeks screw up they had it rough
This job ended at 8 and their first job was 9:30

They all got handed a 50$ bill for the pain and were very happy

It will usually be a 12-2 start the next day but we are booked out several weeks and this was unavoidable

I am ordering a large cimex and buying Another orek

That will cut our time way way down

The cust booked next months cleaning as I handed him the invoice for this cleaning

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hall ways yes you can encap every so often....

stairs....uhhhh no...they just get way to nasty IMHO...

gotta love that fookin fuzzy magnet that is that red and black speckled carpet....

the new stuff in the halls is ok, and has a decent nap to it.....now to see if some of these managers that went with the janitorial staff (whose owner knows some of the big shots at cinemark) anyway.....how long till they fook it up, and then have me come fix it....

still do 1...5 minutes away...she wont go any where else...and uses a different jan service as well.....

of course just thinking about it.....maybe not falling in line is why she hasnt got her remodel yet :eekk:

this building is old and worn...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
hall ways yes you can encap every so often....
We've done that dude 10-times and it still looks great each time. I was there in the summer when we cleaned it last and I had the Butler there for water anyway so I thought I'd give the concession area a good rinsing.

The tech's laughed at me and told me to put it away. I told them I was just going to rise some of the soil out, I cleaned head to head and while my area looked greatly improved it wasn't as bright (clean looking) as the Cimex'ed area. :eekk: They told me to put the unit up and go back to the office, they Cimex'ed over what I had HWE.

I had super hot water, a very strong precondition, agitation from the Cimex and still lost out to appearance from the Cimex.

I went back to the office with my tail between my legs.........at least I think that's a tail? :pig:

Reactions: GCCLee

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
No option to stick the steps..well I guess if you wanted to stretch 15 sections of hose you could..

Then chasing down the drink spills that will pop up after a few days. No thanks we will encap them

The orek did awesome..I am ordering 2 more as well as a 19" cimex all that will cut us to about 4-5 hrs. That's some good coin at that rate.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I agree, Dave!

Steve

PS So Dave, inquiring minds (well, mine any way) want to know HOW you are getting all these great commercial jobs. Do you have a system to go out and git 'em or do they fumble their way through a bunch of losers till they find your company? And do you put them on a contract or a regular maintenance program or just wait for them to call you again?

Mikey P

Administrator
Mike because of last weeks screw up they had it rough
This job ended at 8 and their first job was 9:30

They all got handed a 50$ bill for the pain and were very happy

It will usually be a 12-2 start the next day but we are booked out several weeks and this was unavoidable

I am ordering a large cimex and buying Another orek

That will cut our time way way down

The cust booked next months cleaning as I handed him the invoice for this cleaning

Busted ass ALL NIGHT long and then went to work an hour later?
Did they work the day before as well?

My guys would have shoved that 50 spot up my ass and quit.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Busted ass ALL NIGHT long and then went to work an hour later?
Did they work the day before as well?

My guys would have shoved that 50 spot up my ass and quit.

You should take better care of your guys then!

The lowest paid guy made 22$ a hr on that job
And everyone got a thank you for the hard work from me.

Steve I drop by several large jobs I want and request permission to quote the job.

Then simply sell myself.

Last resort is offering a section cleaned at no charge so they can compare what I can do to what they are getting

C&S

Name
Scott
I just did a 10 cinema movie theatre but I used HWE on all of it. It was trashed. ive been trying to get the manager to use us monthly for encap but he isn't biting. I have a brush pro 20 no cimex here.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That was dirty. The only area we see like that is the concession area where they transition from tile to carpet. The rest looks decent and then as we clean the colors pop and the texture is revived.

C&S

Name
Scott
the foyer area where it goes from tile to carpet was the worst. 8 hrs for less than 3,000 sq ft. sweep, spray, rinse, rinse, spray, rinse, rinse.

last cleaners used a portable and left a huge amount of residue that hardened up like concrete with the dirt it attracted.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I just did a 10 cinema movie theatre but I used HWE on all of it. It was trashed. ive been trying to get the manager to use us monthly for encap but he isn't biting. I have a brush pro 20 no cimex here.
It doesn't hurt to ask. But a manager that would let it get that bad doesn't give a crap about the appearance or regular maintenance. Sounds like most of the theaters here. 1 time a year cleaning ( at best) at the lowest price possible.

C&S

Name
Scott
I came in $3,200 higher than the other people. they still used me. I did a free demo in their lobby and seems the other company was supposed to match my clean spot and couldn't.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Now that you have it all flushed out what you do is offer a free touch up with the encap in high traffic areas in a couple of months and see if he bites on that. If he does, Cimex it and then check back in 3 months and offer him a quarterly & twice a year cleaning rate. It should be cheaper to maintain a level appearance, instead of the peak and valley he's experiencing now.

It should also go faster for you since it won't be so trashed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom