Cleaners without Websites

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
I was wondering why some do not have a website setup yet
Mine will be overhauled soon but it has helped with credibility
and a job or two??

Just trying to get some feedback from others??

All The Best, Rob

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
My guess is that a lot of guys aren't sure where to start. If you do it yourself, it can take a lot of time. Paying for someone else to do it is hard to swallow.

Tom Mock

Priorities mainly.

I need to get some more business rolling in. My marketing guy is going to be setting up a website for his customers soon. I will probably jump on that.

I hope to have one in the next couple of months.

hogjowl

Idiot™
1) Because I'm doing fine without one.

2) Cuz nobody's ever called me saying they would hold my hand through the design of one, and then keep it up to date for X dollars.

In short ... I never thought about it.

DannyD

Dirk absolutely nailed it. I've wanted one for a few months. I have someone to design one. Not sure where to start that's not copying someone else's design. I want it to be original.

Take care,
Danny

Rex Tyus

From a marketing standpoint, I have never done anything smart.

Why start now?

Rex

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
As a tip for those that don't have one yet but would like one and don't know where to start,

I actually went through and made up a 8-10 page word document with our branding and had it so I could print it out and give away. I printed on nice thick brilliant white paper. The front was a glossy light card with just the logo on the front, covered with a clear PVC cover, and then the back was a light leather imprint card.

I actually went through and designed this as a Company Profile to give away to Insurance assessors, brokers, Property developers and managers etc.

I had no thought that it would come in handy for my website but once I had it, I realsied that it really was just a printed form of a website.

Probably the thing that took the longest was sorting through all my job photos and finding the most suitable ones to convey what I wanted.

My website is different now but it started identical as I just uploaded the text into each page and then the photos.

Good point to start from and if you get someone else to build it for you, most are going to want you to supply all the information and photos anyway.

John

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
A few things about the website building, if you're wanting to build it yourself, I highly recommend Dreamweaver 8 and if you can, grab Studio8 as it includes Fireworks8 and a few others as well that come in handy.

I found it fairly simple to use and with a little backup help from an Aussie CCer I got the site up and running.

Once I had the site design worked out, in about 1.5-2 hours, I uploaded all the above text and photos and went live.

I couldn't believe it because most companies were wanting anywhere from $1500-3000 with me supplying all writted text and photos.

I bought Dreamweaver 8 for $500 and then a bit of my time for a few hours here and there and hey presto I have my own site(not quite to the same standard os those guys admittedly) and when I want to update, I can stuff around and do it in my time and don't have to pay $$$$$ to others.

John

Audra

If you do a website one thing you should NEVER do is steal other cleaners Copyright nor their Trademark. Come up with your own original things - it doesn't hurt to get ideas from other websites to get to thinking but you should not copy & paste others sayings that they came up with & worked hard at or paid good $$$ for & put it in yours. This is a big no no & very disrespectful.

If you can't do one on your own then there are good graphic designers that may be even in your local chamber or on the net that would be great! There is good software & templates that help you build one on your own too.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
I had a fantastic graphic designer put all of my marketing together.
From The yellow page ads to the website graphics. I would be glad
to pass that on and by the way(VERY REASONABLE).

All The Best, Rob
PS, Thanks for the feedback from everyone

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Dirk.........................

you need a web page let me know I will have Tia see what she can do to help you out we will help you get hooked up

Audra...........
Most pictures are not marked and I am sure most have seen the BS I went threw on the ICS board..........

The nut and bolt of everything is the same we are on a CC board so we all have CC web site and once you remove the color and the frilly BS and pictures....we all say the........same damn thing................pictures,fomat, font ............petty BS..........

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Thanks for all the feedback, it has helped with answering questions
even before they call and we have found they don't seem to price
shop as much as others.

I just need to change up the website a little.

All The Best, Rob

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I'm a little bit confused on how to submit it to the search engines if I do it myself. I have started designing one on MS Publisher, but don't know what to do from there.

The Wizard

www.wizardcarpet.com

Web sites are a must ! When a potential or prospective customer calls into our office, one of the first things we do is direct them to our web site. If we can get them there, we believe they will leave with the over abundance of assurance, that they have found the right company to perform the services they require. Our web site has a proven track record in accomplishing this goal.

We come right out and say to the customer that our web site was designed so that a prospective customer like themselves could take a peak behind the scenes of our company to get a good feeling of what our company is all about. We strongly encourage each and every caller to visit our web site prospective or existing customer. This allows the customer to see all services we offer including that of our Tile & Grout cleaning service that has been of interest to them, but did not know we Wizard's offered such a service.

Those customers who are truly and sincerely interested in getting the right company to perform the work they need done in their home or business will take the time to visit our site. We have close on $10,000 invested into our web site now, and do not regret spending any of what we have on it.

Yes a lot of other carpet cleaning companies look at our site throughout all of North America and abroad, but so are many of our potential and existing customers alike are too. February or March of 2006 we had almost 100,000 hits. We were blown away.

A web site presence is like being able to provide them a 4 colour magazine/brochure - info commercial on your company right into their home or place of business, at their own comfort and leisure. It's value is priceless. In my opinion it's money well spent, and we have spent a bundle to get our site to where it is now.

We are in the process of creating and designing www.becomeawizard.com and I too think this web site will be a most valuable tool to get our message across to both existing carpet cleaning companies and entrepreneurs alike that are interested and see the value in bringing their company to the next level of success they are seeking.

One of the items among the many that come with our Wizard Business Package will be the rights to use our main web site, all completely personalized to them and their own web address that they register. I was speaking with Billy down in Kentucky yesterday, and he expressed to me he landed a big job just from having them check out his web site personalized to him at www.cleancarpetwizards.com

If you do not have a web site as of yet, take the first step today in securing the domain name you would like, and then put on your list of priorities for 2007, the completion of your own unique web site. One item of advice for your new web site, if something is worth doing, then do it right, don't scrimp on it, splurge and you will reap the rewards 10 fold!

The Wizard.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm a little bit confused on how to submit it to the search engines if I do it myself. I have started designing one on MS Publisher, but don't know what to do from there.

Jim,
Go to the front page of a search engine and you'll find out how. Yahoo has "suggest a site" at the bottom of their front page, (follow the links to list your site directly), Google has "About Google" for the same purpose.

All sites crawl each other, so you don't have to manually list with each, and there is a lot of free help with meta-tags and other web submission info available on the web.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom