Cleaning Colorsealing

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I have a large job to do that we colorsealed 2 years ago w/ grout perfect's malibu sand, and we are going in there to just clean it. The question is can I use Anvil @ 6oz per gallon on this floor or should I use a neutral product instead? I have "neutral" by this old grout spotter size bottles than needs to be diluted, so I just wanted make sure that if I do use Anvil (Jondon heavy duty grout cleaner), that it won't hurt/remove the colorsealer.

I'll be using a turbo hybrid w/ tm.

Thanks,
Bill

Mikey P

Administrator
You shouldn't need anything more than a hot neutral cleaner.
If you have a CRB use that and rinse with a tile wand or a glided carpet wand at 400- 500 psi.

If you don't have a crb use a white or champagne pad under your 175

You could go higher psi and skip the scrubbing and use your Turbo but wouldn't you hate to find out you didn't get good adhesion with the colorseal NOW?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Yea that would suck if the CS were to come out.

I have 2 floors to clean in that home, one I know I can use the regular alky w/ the turbo, and this one I'll just use the neutral cleaner.

I'll just switch it to the gecko wand/carpet glided wand as you mentioned to be safe, deff don't want to do any re-color that's for sure.

Thanks for the tip Mike.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
I have a color seal on for tomorrow with a pretty drastic color change..ugh..

Wish me luck.

And a one handed helper..ugh.ugh.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I feel for you, I stopped doing them, got tired of my back and knees being messed up from it. But I may do it again if I find a good reliable chimp soon.

Mikey P

Administrator
light to dark (summer wheat)

20130502_111900_zps24cf2700.jpg

Name
cameron demille
I used to use Grout Perfect a lot. It's pretty easy to clean. Like Mikey said, hot water and a neutral cleaner. I would just run over it with a machine and soft brush, it really doesn't take much.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Does the CRB on tile uses the same brushes as for carpet and does it do a good job cleaning the grout lines as well?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom