cleaning hardwood floors

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have did some resurch and cleaning and polishing hardwood fllors seems to be an untapped market in my area. what are the pros and cons of this and how much do you charge? are there any iicrc coarses for this?

TimP

FCT is a course that goes over wood cleaning and recoating. I'd feel comfortable cleaning but not as much putting finish on wood. You probably would want to know about re-finishing to get in it.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Cleaning and polishing is a piece of cake and you don’t need much equipment to get started. Most cleaners charge close to the same Sq. footage rate as carpet cleaning and it takes less time. The no-sanding refinishing method is also easy to learn and brings around $1.00 a square.

The down side for me is that the more services I offer the less efficient my one man operation becomes. It’s been a very hard lesson to learn but, I need to focus on my core business of carpet cleaning. Adding these services means storing and transporting additional bulky equipment and separate advertising if you really want to tap the market. I have decided to limit the services I promote until I have a decent market share of the core business.
I don’t think It would be a useful addition for you at this point because It doesn’t sound like you do allot of residential work but If you want I have an interlink training DVD you can have.

tim, is right take fct course good additional service to offer your current customer base. i suggest using basic coatings products their finshes are awesome. as far as extra equipment to carry a 175 ,3M pads, microfiber pad, and tycote products.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
really not as hard as it appears. talk with someone that has done it before, someone from a distributor that sells wood floor products. I tried Bridgepoints finish on a commercial floor, but not happy with how it is holding up. May try Hillyard's gym floor finish next time.

Name
Ron lippold
when i do them we screen them and finish with the concrete finish works awesome and will never have to be taken down to the wood again.

Al

Hey Ron,

when i do them we screen them and finish with the concrete finish works awesome and will never have to be taken down to the wood again.

tell us more about your process, I've never heard of using concrete finish before.

8)

Name
Ron lippold
six or seven coats of finish 1 hr dry time on first coat or you will have problems. and a good 30-45 min dry time on each coat there after. beautiful floor :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom