cleaning tile and grout with the dirt dragon

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
it does a great job on wood and a great job on tile and grout..

got a customer on 17th floor that has never had her tile cleaned because its so high up..well i made

284.00 in 1.5 hrs and she was thrilled..worked great. i am going to see of they sell a stiffer brush for it for doing tile

thanks again mike..awesome addition of service for us..

Luke

I cleaned the tile and grout in a kitchen last week. 12 year old tile, never been professionally cleaned. Grout was filthy. Presprayed Magic Wand Oxyblaster, scrubbed, rinsed half with the Dirt Dragon and the other half with spinner and 800 psi porty. Saw no difference between the 2 sides. The Dirt Dragon will be my first choice from now on.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I found that the spinner or any other contraption that sprays water on and sucks it up at the same time are only meant for flushing,rinsing and picking it up which is very important,and not as a magic cleaning tool as the industry would have people believe. The chemical and agitation tool dose the cleaning. The spinner flushes and picks it up.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Mardie said:
I found that the spinner or any other contraption that sprays water on and sucks it up at the same time are only meant for flushing,rinsing and picking it up which is very important,and not as a magic cleaning tool as the industry would have people believe. The chemical and agitation tool dose the cleaning. The spinner flushes and picks it up.

You obviously have never used one with 240 degree heat and 1200-1400 psi. I have not scrubbed ANYTHING other than a commercial kitchen or bathroom in the last 3 years. I have had the same grout brush for over a year! I've seen Jimmy naked

Can tile / grout be cleaned with a good scrubbing and a simple rinse (dirt dragon)? Sure it can. But don't make a statement like above - it is completely false.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
There is no better cleaner for tile and grout than a turbo hybrid spinner. It is seldom that we have to scrub the tile or grout with a machine.

I don't know what spinner you used but it must of been operator error if you were not able to see good results with it.

I will say I'd you are trying to remove a topical coating with a spinner it would not work and you need mechanical agitation and an emulsifier to loosen and melt the coating then use the spinner to flush it out.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
boazcan said:
Mardie said:

You obviously have never used one with 240 degree heat and 1200-1400 psi. I have not scrubbed ANYTHING other than a commercial kitchen or bathroom in the last 3 years. I have had the same grout brush for over a year! I've seen Jimmy naked

Can tile / grout be cleaned with a good scrubbing and a simple rinse (dirt dragon)? Sure it can. But don't make a statement like above - it is completely false.
I guess that depends on what level of cleaning you are trying to achieve.
I always finish my jobs with the thick cotton towels that i use for my wall cleaning system. Although the floor looks perfectly clean before i towel, I am always amazed how much soil i can pick up and how that makes the floor pop when we are done.
An analegy that would be fit for tile cleaning would be that it is much the same as cleaning a car. To make it pop requires agitation. POP being the key word.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
dealtimeman said:
There is no better cleaner for tile and grout than a turbo hybrid spinner. It is seldom that we have to scrub the tile or grout with a machine.

I don't know what spinner you used but it must of been operator error if you were not able to see good results with it.

I will say I'd you are trying to remove a topical coating with a spinner it would not work and you need mechanical agitation and an emulsifier to loosen and melt the coating then use the spinner to flush it out.
I agree that the spinner is a priceless tool for tile and grout work.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Mardie said:
boazcan said:
Mardie said:

I always finish my jobs with the thick cotton towels that i use for my wall cleaning system. Although the floor looks perfectly clean before i towel, I am always amazed how much soil i can pick up and how that makes the floor pop when we are done.
An analegy that would be fit for tile cleaning would be that it is much the same as cleaning a car. To make it pop requires agitation. POP being the key word.

I have yet to figure out how some people think that rubbing plastic on the top of dirt and grout provides more aggitation then 1000 - 1500 PSI of water.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I have yet to figure out how some people think that rubbing plastic on the top of dirt and grout provides more aggitation then 1000 - 1500 PSI of water.[/quote]

Don't let your pressure gauge fool you.At the speed that the spinner is turning,the surface of the floor is only receiving a very small amount of the pressure that is at the gauge,and you should be glad that this is the way it works or you could be damaging a lot of grout.
Simply put the speed of the nozzle dissipates the pressure being delivered to the surface.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Mardie said:
boazcan said:
Mardie said:

Before I spend much more time on this thread, how exactly do you clean tile and grout everyday? I'm assuming portable or bucket'n'brush.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
You have just changed the subject.
Guess you don't want to confront the truth.
You only believe what you want to believe.BS

It should be noted that the truth takes nothing away from the spinner as being a fantastic T/G cleaning tool. So don't feel threatened.
You can also keep telling everyone about your high pressure cleaning tool because they won't know anything other than what you tell them anyway and probably don't care as long as you provide the results they require.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i never scrubbed tile and grout before i got my whittaker. it saves time because you can go much faster.
i never would of believed it if i hadn't tried it. you can clean without scrubbing but it's a little slower. to each his own. i never understand why people are so stead fast in their ways. whatever works and keeps the customer happy, bottom line.
scrub, don't scrub just get it clean.

gene

How well would this work if you did not spray the tile just filled with cleaning solution and ran it over the tile?

Commercial tile lightly soiled cleaned once per month

I need one of these. Doing it with the tm and hose is not the best approach on some of these jobs with all the foot traffic while I am cleaning.

Also how well does it compare to the Power Flite small auto scrubber?

Back
Top Bottom