Club Greenhorn Cleaners Chat

I went out of my way to get a laptop with XP, too many problems with Vista

Chat Room open daily, stop in and chat.

If someone does not reply to your questions immediately, please be patient, someone will be along to help you soon. Occasionally we wonder away from our keyboard for a minute or three. Sit tight someone will be along to help you any minute.

Greenie

I'm gonna pass the Torch on the High Performance room, maybe I can get Rex to carry it for the winter, I'll pop in here more often.

It was nice to chat with you and Mikey (and the gang) in Club Greenhorn last night. Talk again soon.

Don't be strangers ;)

How do I enter Club Greenhorn Carpet Cleaners Chat Room?

Download the file and RUN (save, open). Once you have the software installed on your PC, you will find a ‘shortcut’ icon on your desktop. Using the left mouse button, double click to launch the software If a new version of the software is available, then it will be downloaded automatically at this point.

Before you can enter a conference room you will be asked to login

Enter your name in the screen name box. If you are logging in as a guest in someone else’s room, we would suggest you use your real name, not nicknames.

You will also see a box where you can select which room you wish to enter. If there are no names listed here then this just means there is only the main room available.

When you are finished click ‘ok’ to enter the room you have chosen or cancel to exit.

When you first enter the room, you will see it is split into several ‘areas’. We will cover each area briefly, they are as follows:-

Menu options- Along the top of the screen are the main drop down menu’s used to select options and configurations for the room. Some options are only available to the moderator of the room and will be ‘grayed out’.

Work area- This is the main display area and shows either a browser window or the built in whiteboard

Text Chat area- This is where you can type in your text messages to other members in the room, either publicly, or privately depending on what the room ‘moderator’ allows.

List of Conferences- This displays the rooms currently available for you to enter, though some may only be accessible with the correct password.

List of Members- This panel shows the names of the members currently active in the room. If there is a moderator in the room his/her name would be highlighted in blue text.

Speaker Web Cam - This area displays the web-cam image of the person currently speaking.This can be switched on and off by the moderator, and is usually only used for small groups that are on high speed connections with suitable PC specifications.

Audio Controller - This area allows for the setting of microphone and speaker volumes and includes the all-important ‘talk now’ button.

Status display - Along the bottom of the screen you will see info about your connection and other status info.

Check your speaker and microphone settings

When a member of the room is talking, you will see a small speaker icon appear to the left of their name and they will be at the top of the list of members.

If you see this and yet cannot hear anything, then check your speaker settings. You may also need to check your speaker settings for your sound card too. This can usually be done via Windows ‘control panel’ Also check your microphone volume and settings here too.

If you still cannot hear anything then try logging out of the room and back in again. It may be that you were connected via a person that has a bad connection or has just logged out themselves and has temporarily caused you to be ‘partially’ logged in. The software will normally detect this and re-connect you via someone else. In most cases logging out and back in again will resolve this manually.

How do I ‘speak’ in the room using the audio controller?

To speak in the room, hover your mouse pointer over the ‘talk now’ button located in the bottom left corner. Click and hold the left mouse button to talk and let go when you finish. It is advisable that you click a second or two before you speak and likewise release it shortly after you finish. This is particularly important if you are on a very slow dial-up connection as some small latency can occur. This is normal and is purely a limitation of slow connections, however this rarely affects the overall quality of speech from such connections.

When you first enter the room, at an appropriate time, ask another member of the room if they can hear you ok, to test your microphone.

Adjust the microphone volume up or down depending on the response you get using the sliders on the audio controller.

How do I use the text chat?

The text chat is very easy to use. The Text chat area has three sections. The main viewing area, the enter message box and the ‘private message to’ selection box.

Left click the mouse in the ‘your message box’ at the bottom of the main text chat area. You can now type your message here. When you want to post your message, left click on the ‘send’ button or hit the enter key on your keyboard.

You will see your message appear in the main text chat area. When another member in the room replies, you will see the results in the main area too. The text chat window can be made bigger or smaller depending on your preference and can also be minimized or completely disabled by the moderator of the room (see moderator functions).

To adjust the window size, hover the mouse pointer over the outer edge of the text chat area until it changes shape. It will look like a line with two small arrows either side. When this happens click and hold the left mouse button and ‘drag’ the window to the size and shape you wish by moving the mouse. When you are done just let go of the mouse button.

What about private messages?

Private messaging may be enabled or disabled by the moderator. If it is available, you can left click on the small arrow next to the ‘private to’ box and select a member from the drop down list to send a message to.

When you have selected a name, you then send a message in the usual way by typing in the ‘your message box’ and clicking ‘send’ or hitting enter on your keyboard.

When you receive a private message, a new window will pop up on top of the conference room . No other member of the room will see this message.

A word about Firewalls.

Firewalls can keep you from entering the Conference Room. Be sure to pay attention when entering the conference room for any pop-up warnings from your firewall (ie: Norton). Be sure to ALLOW or PERMIT any actions while accessing the room. If you BLOCK or DENY any part of the process you will not be able to enter the conference Room.

What else should I know?

That is most of the basics covered. You should now be able to participate in Club Greenhorn Cleaners Chat Room without too much difficulty.

However, here are just a few things you should be aware of.

There are many functions that only a moderator can action, though it is possible to have more than one moderator at a time.

When a moderator is giving a presentation, he/she may temporarily disable certain functions until they are done and open the room up for questions etc.

Details of your current connection status are seen at the bottom of the screen.

You can select browser mode or whiteboard mode in the main work area. If the moderator is trying to show you a new web-page, make sure you are in browser mode by left clicking on the correct tab. Likewise, select whiteboard to view anything being displayed there.

Please respect the integrity of the Club Greenhorn Cleaners Chat Room and maintain basic etiquette, otherwise you may be ejected from the room or even permanently banned.

Enjoy your visit!

Q. What operating systems are supported for The Conference Software?

A. Windows XP, Windows 98 or Windows 98 SE, Windows 98 first edition is not supported.

Q. Error, The Audio/Video conference software was not installed properly. Please launch the installation process again.

A. Remove all instances of The Conference Software from your pc including add/remove programs and Reinstall software.

Q. Does Club Greenhorn Chat Room software support MAC, computers!?

A. Currently it supports windows only, a mac and linux version will hopefully come in 6 to 9 months.

Greenie

Just thought I'd add a post for '09 so someone doesn't think this thread is ancient and nonrelevant.

williamsyorks

Club Greenhorn to use best of them and work with different colour and size with models and thickness. There are just of high cleaning equipment. It is one of the best marketing value increase day by day. Club is using green and sky blue carpet to attract the customer.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
williamsyorks said:
Club Greenhorn to use best of them and work with different colour and size with models and thickness. There are just of high cleaning equipment. It is one of the best marketing value increase day by day. Club is using green and sky blue carpet to attract the customer.

W.T.F. does that mean. ?????

Spammer. ???

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:10 am

williamsyorks View the latest post
UNREAD_POSTS View first unread post Carpet Color Repair - Spot Dye w/ Tom Cermak 8/24 @ 9est

in Carpet Cleaners Chat Room

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:02 am

UNREAD_POSTS View first unread post 6/22 Stone cleaning and polishing @ 6pm PST

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:51 am

UNREAD_POSTS View first unread post Oriental Rug Cleaning (in the home) Cleaners Class

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:48 am

PS::: Since coming of off XP and going onto Windows 7, I'm having problems with the video and voice stopping on Club Greenhorn.??

Couldn't make head nor tail of what Tom was trying to explain the other day. thathurts

Might have to log on with my old XP laptop, an oldie but still a goodie, like me. shiteatinggrin !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom