Cobb Carpet Ultraseal Impregnator w/ UV Absorber

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Totally different product. Last year's product had a "protection polymer" that was effective in the sun (lower cost).

New product absorbs UV, and prevents it from damaging the material or color below.

The new product has been tested several times in a Xenon weathering test, and come out with the highest ratings (5) for UV protection for the fabric underneath.

It should easily add life to the outdoor cushions, Bill.

Quote from the CRI Journal by Phd textile expert:

"In addition, post treatments with fluorinated
chemicals is also a factor in long term
durability of the carpet fiber."

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill P and Mikey P

Tom Forsythe

The best way that I have found to test a UV treatment is to find a aniline leather swatch. Aniline leather fades more readily than anything I know. Run a strip of blue tape down the middle of the swatch, treat one side with the UV treatment and leave the other side alone. Place on the dashboard of your car's front window during sunny season. Leave it for a few weeks and remove the tape (longer if you do not live in a place like sunny Salt Lake City. You will see how much it has faded from the original and if there is much difference between the two sides. I have done this a few times on protector products in the past that claim to have UV protection. I have yet to see a noticeable difference between the untreated and treated side, even though both sides have significantly faded from the original protected by the blue tape.

However, I always remind myself that new innovations are being produced everyday, and just because it was so yesterday does not mean it is not so today. Also, the amount of UV absorber the manufacturer adds to the product matters just like in every other chemical product. Any one who offers up their product on a forum like this has done their homework unless they liked to get called out in public.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Who has used Larry Cobb's Ultraseal Impregnator w/ UV Absorber. What do you think?

The Xenon UV testing we had done was for a national hotel chain.

Previous best was a "2" rating on a scale from 1 to 5 (best).

We got a "5" rating for "UV + humidity" in their weathering tester.

We have repeated the test with more different fabrics at their request with the same 5 rating.

Tom Forsythe

CTI had a product a few years back that would remove urine from being visible by a UV light. I found a way to add a uv absorber to one of our urine products for that purpose.
The problem was that the UV absorber that I worked with could be easily rinsed out. Any consumer who had a black light would be horrified to see all of these spots return after a thorough cleaning especially if the same cleaner was doing the next cleaning. This would result in the UV absorber being added again on new and old spots every time the anal customer had their carpets cleaned. We concluded that it was better to remove the odor and contaminates than worry about trace residues only seen by a UV light which would create future communication issues.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Our UV absorber is solvent-based, and as such, resists water removal.

I'll try to test the theory tomorrow, on blocking of UV fluorescence . . .

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
After a few quick tests, it cut the urine stain intensity by about 50%.

So it would help, but not make them invisible.

It still would take an Oxidizer + strong UV light to make Urine Fluorescence disappear:
must1.jpg

mustuv.jpg

Reactions: Nomad74

Tom Forsythe

So are you saying that peroxide and UV light removed this fluoresence? Or it removed it with the help of a UV absorber? If the UV absorber removed 50%, then would doubling the amount of UV absorber remove it all in your test? Did you try the peroxide and UV light alone?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom