Cobbs detergent free or powermax?

Question for Mr.Cobb or for those who use Cobbs Detergent-Free Powder Prespray Low Residue Formula.

How does it compare to powermax as far as cleaning ability? (I noticed it has the same ingredents as Powermax) I'm thinking it would be about as good as powermax with less residue? Is a rinse agent needed with either of these, or will plain water be fine?

Mr. Cobb, Are samples available for either of these products?

Thanks

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Padden;

They are two different concepts.

PowerMax is the better cleaner because it has surfactants to enhance the process.

However, because of the surfactants, it will have a slightly higher resoil potential, if not rinsed by a firebreathing TM.

Detergent-Free Powder has lower resoil potential, since it utilizes actual enzymes, citrus solvent, builders, and oxidizers to perform the cleaning. Higher levels of these ingredients help with stains like coffee, etc.

No foam is also an advantage where preexisting detergent residues are in the carpet.

Detergent-Free has performed very well in the CRI system test protocol.

I hope that gives you a better understanding.

Larry

greenclean

I use cobb's powermax exclusively...I have no resoiling problems that I wouldn't encounter with other cleaners....i have used many other over the past 9 years and so far this is the easiest to use with the most consistant results. I'm sure the detergant free has its place but how much room do you have on the truck...keep it simple...powermax is great on tile and grout too! 1 less thing to keep on the truck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom