Color between the lines with Steve from Grout Perfect.

Mikey P

Administrator
1. How did Grout Perfect come about?

2. Describe the average day at your company.

3. Please list the products and or services you provide.

4. Where would you like to see your company in five years?

5. How do the Bulletin Boards help your company?

6. What is the biggest challenge you face on a daily basis?

7.How does Grout Perfect differ from the many other similar products on the market?

R

R W

I met up with Steve or his partner (I can't remember.....I think his name was Nino) in Cleveland a few years ago as they cleaned and sealed a company that made heart pacemakers. They made it look so easy. The cleaning was cut and dry, because it had been sealed by them before. Then, with their little "go carts", they proceded to color seal the whole floor. Man, did it look great afterward. It's a great product.

SJA

How did Grout Perfect come about?

It was founded in Florida by Dick Pollock. Since most homes in Florida are predominately tile he became aware of the problems associated with grout and realized that there where no good solutions available. He hired a chemist and after years of R&D and perfecting the formula - here we are.

I met Dick through a mutual friend. I did alot of research and thought that this would be a great idea to franchise. Since I had no experience in franchising or running a service business, I started my service business with the intentions of building a franchise prototype. In a very short period of time, we realized the need that others in the service business had for our product and started consulting, training, and distributing product.

Describe the average day at your company.

75% of my time is spent providing technical support to Grout Perfect ColorSeal customers, following up on leads, and teaching classes.

The balance of my time is spent on my local service business. For years we where so busy with distribution/training that we neglected the service business. My focus now is to implement systems/procedures and measures of quality control. I also go on 5-10 sales/service calls a week and maintain relations with some of our commercial accounts. I enjoy doing this because it keeps me in the loop and keeps me aware of scenarios that arise in the field, enabling me to provide better technical support.

Please list the products and services you offer.

* Grout Perfect ColorSeal
* ColorSeal Training
* Showing others how ColorSeal can improve their business

Where would you like to see your company in 5 years?

My goal is that ColorSealing becomes mainstream and that everyone who is cleaning tile & grout is also offering ColorSeal. I do not understand how someone can be effective in T&G restoration without offering ColorSeal. I am optimistic because 10 years ago not too many people where aware that the product existed. Today most people in the business are at least aware of it.

How do the bulletin boards help you company?

Aside from getting new business, they help me gain a better understanding of our customers needs. Forums are great because if you provide a good product and service you get rewarded and vice-versa.

What is the biggest challange you face on a daily basis?

Since we cater to a very nitch market - the greatest challenge is getting our name out and educating the consumer. Incorporating ColorSeal in your business can significantly increase revenue, customer retention, customer satisfaction and decrease call backs. Getting others to use ColorSeal so that they can enjoy these benefits is not easy. Half the battle is convincing people to do a demo of ColorSeal on all estimates that can be ColorSealed and having people realize that ColorSeal is not only for floors that do not clean up. We ColorSeal floors that are new - all the time.

How does Grout Pefect differ from the many other similiar products on the market?

* We specialize in ColorSeal only -and everything that has to do with it.
* Technical support that understands your needs and going over and beyond the call of duty to help.
* Our product is easy to work with.
* Leaves grout looking natural and not painted.
* Match any grout manufacturers grout chart.
* Acts as a sealer - makes grout waterproof.
* Efficiant application system.

Thank you all for your support and look forward to working together in the future.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
SJA said:
* Match any grout manufacturers grout chart.

Used some Custom Alabaster today on 1 yr old grout. It matched so good that we were losing our place everytime we had to get up for something. Pretty funny.

Great stuff, great service. Thanks Steve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom