Color Seal Question

Mikey P

Administrator
Hydroment and Custom (homedepot) brands rule here.

Antique whites, Bone, Sandstone, Buff, Linen are the most popular.

both companies use the same names for the most part but the colors differ a lot.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Make it easier on yourself and try to stay within 3-5 top colors, don't give them unlimited options or else some people will never make up their minds. I have lost count of how many CS bottles sitting in my shelves that no one will ever use anymore, since I used to give them all the options in the World, than no one else wants those colors. Just pick the most popular ones beige/white/brown ones and pick 3-5, and say "These are our hottest colors and what we have in stock".

Mikey P

Administrator
I dont agree.

I try and steer them into coloring with the original color so IF the seal chips or peals they most likely wont notice. Change the color and it will be very obvious.

Charge them the $70 if you dont have the color in stock.

A single quart can do 2 or three kitchens and many more bathrooms so the left over become valuable.

In no time at all you'll have all the popular colors on your shelves.

most grout manufacturers will send you their plastic sample/color kits at no charge.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I hope you're not using the plastic samples? I never use those things, I only use the color sticks (I do not use grout perfect anymore), only Colorclad, and you can have 89 colors available for them on site w/out having to order any colors, but why do that? Now I have 3 shelves of pints of multiple colors that no one will ever use, it's a waste.

Haven't had any peeling since changing to colorglad but I did have a couple malibu sands peel around the kitchen areas.

Last edited:

Kipp

Name
kip
I used Spectrum which is manufactured right here in Peoria, AZ...distributed by Arizona Tile. There color chart matches up with custom colors which matched up with most of the homes here in AZ. I would say Haystack was the most common color. Followed by Bone, Linen and Fawn. I carried 10 colors plus on the truck but I was doing 2-3 color seals a week and because I would upsell them off carpet jobs I wanted to have the product on hand to do the job and not let the customer get cold feet.

Weirdest color I did was captains blue (didn't have that one on the truck)...did it in a master bath with blue tile

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You did 2-3 CS a week solo?

Man, even with knee rollers, racatac, knee pads, you name it my entire body would be crushed. I wouldn't mind doing 2-3 a week if I had a guy just doing the tile work portion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom