Company vehicle and strip club

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
On my way home today I'm heading down probably the busiest rode in our town at 4:15 and I happen to look over towards the strip club at the next intersection and I see a "competitors" van parked in pretty much plain view.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I can't imagine taking my fully lettered van to a "gentleman's club", I mean come on at least park across the streat or something.

Now I don't know the owner of this company but I'm fairly certain he's an owner operator and no he was not there cleaning, although I suppose he could have been there soliciting...............work.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

John Watson

Quit being NOSY(Probablly jellious to boot), and mind your own.....

or better yet go intro your self and he won't think your such a prude.

30 yrs ago my after hours office was a butt bar and sometimes my after hours were day and night. Used to have my company flag and colors on my bike. Great source for alot of part time help late at night to help on the massive sewage back ups we used to do, Just payem good, buy lots of pitchers of beer and now and again a table dance or three. I used to get volume discounts. Hell, we even used to invite some clients down for a treat, be surprised how many wifes came too. Back then (the early 80's) our 1/4 million a yr unwritten contract with the Munincepalitys Self insurance claims dept. Couldn't spend to much time there if we just cleaned carpets... One of the times I was back in Anch, Driving out on Diamond Blvd, just past Artic Blvd. The old "Good Times" was now a flippen BarbQue joint..... I wanted to cry....

Ryan

If he does a good job cleaning why should it matter what he does in his spare time?

He's just being a human. I don't think anybody could hold that against him.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Nosey? I simply noticed his van parked in a very public place, I haven't butted into his business what so ever, I haven't told anyone or used it in any way.

Jealous? Now that's funny. Why would I be jealous of him? It's not like it takes some kind of talent to simply walk into a "butt bar" as you call it.

I'm not judging this guys morales, I've been in a few strip clubs years ago myself, all I'm questioning is the business judgement of having your fully lettered work van in the parking lot. I mean after all people on this board are constantly talking about how important every aspect of your businesses appearance/perception is and considering who our primary customer happens to be it seems to me this could lead to a bad perception of your company.

By the way this was at 4:00 I can just imagine a customer getting the idea that this guy visited a strip bar before coming to clean her carpet.

Maybe it's just that I happen to be in a very conservative area maybe it would be different elsewhere.

Anyway I wasn't trying to bash the guy, hence I haven't said who it was, I was just trying to start a discussion about how much thought different people put into the perception they are putting out there while representing their company.

I wonder what any of the larger companies would think about an employee taking a company vehicle to a strip club, for that matter even wearing a company shirt after hours to a strip club.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
joeynbgky said:
Was it a gay strip club?

Hmmmm, I don't think we have any gay strip clubs here but I bet that wouldn't be too bad for business, women love them some gay men. !gotcha!

Jezzabel

Even strip clubs need love too! somewhat amus All businesses need good maintenance care and cleaning.
I would imagine that a large company might have a list of things you cannot do with company equipment. Sole Proprietors are virtually unlimited in how they can advertise. Places "company men" cannot go. Sometimes the most unlikely of places could be a really good score. I think too many people focus too much on image and not enough on substance. Just my two cents

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's one I've not seen, but I have seen the competition parked right out front of bars and pool halls.

I have a strict rule no company vehicles at strip joints.........unless I get to go.
:mrgreen:

P.S.
Not been to a strip joint in decades.

Name
Nate W.
Doc Holliday said:
That's one I've not seen, but I have seen the competition parked right out front of bars and pool halls.

I have a strict rule no company vehicles at strip joints.........unless I get to go.
:mrgreen:

P.S.
Not been to a strip joint in decades.

Here you go Chavez.... A lot of this ladies are very strong. I bet have better outfits than the 60's when you'd go... blowme

n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_NJiwIVu6kn]

Brian, don't watch when your daughter's in the room..... You've been warned. shiteatinggrin

*Edited for spelling*

John Watson

Natter, and you want to sit next to Helen next time??? Sorta dought that now laddy!!!!

I hear ya pain Richard, I quit drinkin in Feb84, Been in 1 or 2 since, looken for ol friends.... Walked in to Edna Cox's joint The Great Alaskan Bush Co. after a 6-7 year absence She sees me out the corner of her eye and calls one of her bouncers, Tol him to keep an eye on me, He asked why, She tol him "Thats slobbering John, when he starts foaming my girls go crazy. and he likes to bounce on bouncers.. Sorry, don't drink no more, sorry to spoil the fun.. Damn she said, "I was going tobuy the first few pitches and shots!!!!" My younger brother was with me and said "Hell, I still Drink" Edna say "Sonny, you dont slobber like your brother an you just pass out anyways""" I aint been back since.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Watch it right at 4:30 minutes :lol:

o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKejwO1upQo]

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Going to a "butt bar" imo is like standing outside a restaurant when you're hungry. I just don't get the facination or desire to be with a group of guys sitting around paying for overpriced, watered down drinks looking at nasty looking (or even not so nasty) women PRETENDING to be into you. I always figure guys who are into that find it one step better than whatever they have, or don't have, at home and that makes me sad for them.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
It seems like the main point of this thread has been lost..

I agree with Joey!! Since the vast majority of our customers are women why would you want to give them any reason to think poorly of you or your company!!!! I can't imagine that seeing a company vehicle parked in front of a strip joint would make our average customer comfortable using that company.

If you really have to frequent a place like that, use an unmarked vehicle or park down the street.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Funny how when the money runs out so do they. :cry:

Love women but I already have one that takes all my money and at least she hangs around when I don't have any. :mrgreen:

Lora Olson

A woman's perspective...

Since most of your customers are women...and most women think strip clubs are pretty disgusting... not a good idea. They'll remember the name on that van and associate it with a disgusting person. :shock:

Just my (a woman's) opinion.

Use your wife's minivan to go to the titty bar...not your company vehicle! :roll:

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Ken Snow said:
Going to a "butt bar" imo is like standing outside a restaurant when you're hungry. I just don't get the facination or desire to be with a group of guys sitting around paying for overpriced, watered down drinks looking at nasty looking (or even not so nasty) women PRETENDING to be into you. I always figure guys who are into that find it one step better than whatever they have, or don't have, at home and that makes me sad for them.

Mr. Swishy has the money to pay a woman to like him in contrast all the BDCC have to pool their money at a strip club, think of it as a time share for love :lol:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
This makes a variety of statements: The guy doesn't care what you think and/or is too lazy to walk a block and/or isn't sharp enough to realize that everyone driving by is associatiing his company with the establishment.

I see it as a matter of common sense that has nothing to do with what someone does on their own time. No one can misread the situation if the van isn't parked in the lot. Cleaning gets done in the off hours, when it would then be pretty obvious you were there for business and not entertainment.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Why would you go out spend your hard earned money on strippers when you can get it at home for free? It's just trashy to have a company vehicle in front of a place like that, let alone being a patron.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom