Complimentary Touchup

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just got through with a job in a neighborhood where I was cleaning previously about two weeks ago. So I texted the previous customer, letting her know that I was gonna be in her neighborhood this morning in another job and if she needs s touch up, I'll be happy to do it today Complimentary. She said that's not necessary because it still looks great

Just a good little tip to stir up some good gossip.

Anything y'all do to get similar results?

Name
Steve Lawrence
Sounds like a good customer retention plan to me. Tell them they were chosen randomly during your slower season so they don't expect it regularly.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Don't start doing complimentary work, it will be expected. In other words if you don't get paid for it, don't do it.
No, I was expecting to be in and out in only 10min max. I wasn't gonna reclean the whole room. If someone spilled a drink next to the couch, and the stain is fresh, it would be literally no extra cost to me.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you know your customers, you'll know who to offer that to and who not to. Is it a trashy rental trailer park??? No! I wouldn't offer that to them. Is it a high income neighborhood with a clean customer base? Yes, I will every time I'm in a neighborhood with a customer who just hired me a week before

Name
Lee Stockwell
I put "Satisfaction guaranteed" on almost every invoice, and remind them of our policy of soliciting complaints.

I tell them I will follow up to make sure, and I do. Try to get a textable number or email address to make that unobtrusive.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Ok, ok. Let me explain this situation a little more. I'm only 36 and 14 years in this business, and I'm still trying to make my business explode so I can have something to live off of when I'm old enough to hire a grandson

I'm not 66 with 30 years under my belt like some of you guys, so I understand why you disagree with voluntary, surprised phone calls to the good customers that hang around people that we want to market to. It would make you have a crap load of more business and you'd work about 15minutes more a week, which really puts a strain on that wore out hip. So yes, I agree with you.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I always ask them to find a spray bottle so I can leave spotting solution. Then I let them know to call for free refills, which I do next time we are in that area.. Cost = 2 oz.

Commercial customers get one return spotting trip per period. The nursing homes love that. BTW, I leave a gallon of RTU spotter (or top it off) each service. Saves me a bunch of hassle.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I always ask them to find a spray bottle so I can leave spotting solution. Then I let them know to call for free refills, which I do next time we are in that area.. Cost = 2 oz.

Commercial customers get one return spotting trip per period. The nursing homes love that. BTW, I leave a gallon of RTU spotter (or top it off) each service. Saves me a bunch of hassle.
I tell my customers the same thing about getting one return

Name
Nate W.
Ok, ok. Let me explain this situation a little more. I'm only 36 and 14 years in this business, and I'm still trying to make my business explode so I can have something to live off of when I'm old enough to hire a grandson

I'm not 66 with 30 years under my belt like some of you guys, so I understand why you disagree with voluntary, surprised phone calls to the good customers that hang around people that we want to market to. It would make you have a crap load of more business and you'd work about 15minutes more a week, which really puts a strain on that wore out hip. So yes, I agree with you.

Most of these guys have they're belly under there belt also.... Don't be those guys....

steve_64

If all you are doing is spraying something on and wiping it up you are not doing your customer any favors. If you are going to set up to clean two sq ft FOR FREE your nuts. That's half the job.

I'll just wait till spring when their house gets to stinking and charge a premium for the job.

Name
Lee Stockwell

Matt you don't want your business to "explode". You want controlled combustion. Put in a measured amount of "fuel" and get controlled power and growth toward a written goal.

At your age a good goal would be to grow your business capabilities say 20% per year. You can do that by making sure your existing customers are happy enough to both use you again (more often and bigger ticket) as well as refer you to several of their friends or family.

Adding 20% per year would give you over six times the business in 10 years. You would be very busy managing that, let alone an "explosion".

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty

Matt, Actually I'm only 57 with 42 years under my belt;). I am just offering some hard earned wisdom with the advice that your customer will respect you more when you charge a fair price for your service and don't give your time away for free.
BIGGER is not always better, live on less than you make and your life will be happier.

Name
Nate W.
Matt, Actually I'm only 57 with 42 years under my belt;). I am just offering some hard earned wisdom with the advice that your customer will respect you more when you charge a fair price for your service and don't give your time away for free.
BIGGER is not always better, live on less than you make and your life will be happier.

Says the guy with an Aerotech... :stir:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Having Tom Cruise clean their carpets is enough of a perk for my customers. I just need to remind them I don't take payment in the form of panties.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom