Concrete Genie For Polishing

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Has anyone used one of their machines? I am looking to buy a package to do a job.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Sheeeeesh don't call these dudes. They will freakin talk your head off and use high pressure sales sales tactics. Wow, I've been on the phone for 14 minutes and muted and this guy has rambled for evvvveeeeeerrrr. It seems like if I buy this machine it will solve the problems of my life. ALLLL of their customers have made so much money with this AMAZING machine that they now taken exotic vacations multiple times per year.

It sounds like I need to buy 10 of these machines and become a trillionaire.

Check that - 19 minutes and not one question about my business, what questions I have or anything.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Check ebay for similar machines. I've never tried one but they are chinese machines that have their name on it.

How big and what are you doing on that job?

Albert

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I am doing 1000sqft. That would be typical for what I would do in a residential setting.

I would be doing concrete polishing.

Name
cameron demille
A 19" Cimex is around the same price and can be modified slightly to do a really good job. I run it on 220 with 3 weights. Plows through concrete. I also have an Achilli single head grinder, again around the same price. A little bit more cumbersome for tight areas, but very productive. I just finished up a 1300 foot house today. I did the initial grind with the Achilli to get all the glue, thinset and paint off, then the Cimex to blast through the rest.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
A 19" Cimex is around the same price and can be modified slightly to do a really good job. I run it on 220 with 3 weights. Plows through concrete. I also have an Achilli single head grinder, again around the same price. A little bit more cumbersome for tight areas, but very productive. I just finished up a 1300 foot house today. I did the initial grind with the Achilli to get all the glue, thinset and paint off, then the Cimex to blast through the rest.

Do you mean carpet version or the faster speed version?

Also, did you do all of that work today?

Name
cameron demille
it's the CR48DF or whatever, for stone. 880 rpm. I re-wired the motor for 220 and I use a voltage converter to get 220 in the houses. It's only $200. I'm not setup for high production. We had to remove tile, thinset, tack strips, fill the tack strip holes etc, then grind and polish. 5 days with all the repairs.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
it's the CR48DF or whatever, for stone. 880 rpm. I re-wired the motor for 220 and I use a voltage converter to get 220 in the houses. It's only $200. I'm not setup for high production. We had to remove tile, thinset, tack strips, fill the tack strip holes etc, then grind and polish. 5 days with all the repairs.

Cool. What kind of production do you get out of the Cimex?

Concrete Guy

Name
Dennis Wilson
I have never been a fan of the concrete genie. The type of machine it is makes it a difficult machine to polish with for beginners as well.

Onfloor makes great machines that are very easy to work on and can fit many more tools than the Cimex. We sell both machines here and the new Onfloor Pro Series machines work better than the Cimex.

The Pro Series 16" machine is 110 volt and variable speed, which is very important for concrete polishing. It is ideal for 1000 sq ft jobs. You can get around 400 sq ft of fully polished concrete per day out of it. Their 220 volt 20" is about double the production and it can take more than double the weight. The Cimex machines are single speed, which can cause problems with concrete polishing. It is either too fast for the metal bonded diamonds or too slow for resin bonded diamonds. Onfloor also has some very good diamonds that will fit on the Cimex if you decide to go that rout. They are designed specifically for the lighter weight machines.

If you want to talk numbers give me a call. Dennis 714-926-7916

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I'd like to hear some opinions on heavy floor machines vs. lightweight machine for concrete polishing.

Following the floor vs. heavy flattening.

Name
cameron demille
I am not a fan of light weight/higher speed machines, but I would have liked one for the concrete job I just did. Residential, soft concrete, it would have worked well. For general concrete though, if I had to pick one or the other, I would go with a heavy duty, variable speed machine. It would be nice to have the higher speed for the polishing steps.

My Cimex isn't that heavy. It works well for softer concrete, but for production on hard concrete it's a bit slow. The Achilli cuts very fast on hard concrete, but has a small head.

My next machine will be something like a Lavina 25 or Klindex Levighetor Max. Not sure.

Concrete Guy

Name
Dennis Wilson
It is a debate. But I think the consensus is to buy a mid size machine to start with, unless you are doing strictly residential or jobs 1,000 sq ft and under. Something like a Lavina 25 S-Series would be a great mid size starter machine. It is not too big and with the forced planetary it will produce much faster than a Lavina 25 Pro which is passive planetary.

The smaller Lavina and Onfloor machines are great for residential and small commercial. Anything over 2,000 sq ft takes too long with the smaller machines.

The biggest question is what is your budget? The next one is what do you want to do with the equipment? Just remember it's not only the polisher itself, its the vacuums and power requirements. Both of those get more expensive as the polisher gets larger and more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom