Construction clean on concrete

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Hi guys,
I have about 2200 sq. ft. of new, smooth concrete in an office needing cleaned. I think it will be pretty easy as it is brand new and has mostly drywall dust, etc that needs to be removed. I'm not sure how to price it because I don't know what the easiest way to clean it will be. I'm considering:

1) Spinner from truckmount.

2) Scrub with 175 (maybe green pad?), squeegee dirty water to drains and shop vac. Rinse mop.

3) Cimex, fill with something pretty neutral and scrub. Squeegee dirty water to drains and shop vac. Rinse mop.

Any ideas on what the best way to do it and also how to price would be appreciated. This is a somewhat regular janitorial account and I do want to be competitive with my price. I'm leaning toward the Cimex but I don't do a ton of work like this so maybe I'm overlooking something? It seems like each method might take me half a day (working alone).

Thanks!

The Clean Machine

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
We did 8000 sq ft of this in one day this year around .35 sq ft. Ran 2 cimex and picked up with auto scrubber. Had to scrub some with a nylogrit brush to get some drywall mud up.

Pretty easy really. 4 guys/one day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Russ T.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We just did a new concrete helicopter pad indoors 10 k sf. To with tile wand, auto scrubber and rotary 6 hrs 2 men. Bid 3700 and gave them a 1000 discount. Drywall mud from trucks etc. Customer for life with a 1k discount.

Name
George Valliant
Here's a video of a concrete floor we pressure washed recently with a 24 inch spinner and 3500 psi pressure washer.

I bid it at 30 cents per s/f for 4000 s/f.

it's way overkill for what your talking about.

What your describing can be done with a large volume sprayer, wet vac and squeegee attachment.

I'd probably hit it with the spinner and follow-up with a damp mop.

http://youtu.be/FL-YebVm4ug

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I dont think it really matters russ.

Whichever one you are most comfortable with. If you have enough water and hose run is reasonable the spinner would probably make quick work.
We would just scrub it with green pad, degreaser, then shop vac and rinse.

Flip a coin...

.30-.35 for this type of work, should be easy.

Chris A

Name
Chris
We just did a new concrete helicopter pad indoors 10 k sf. To with tile wand, auto scrubber and rotary 6 hrs 2 men. Bid 3700 and gave them a 1000 discount. Drywall mud from trucks etc. Customer for life with a 1k discount.

How the fook do you land a helicopter indoors?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom