Cordless Multisprayer or Hydroforce for prespray?

Name
Ezra Clark
Hello everyone,

Starting my carpet cleaning company and I am wondering what you guys prefer for prespray. I plan on using a 360i and i was thinking the multi sprayer would be better from a production stand point (take it with me during the walk through and then prespray right away, then go out and pull out the hoses and get everything ready giving the prespray time to dwell), but I see many liking the hydroforce. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Ezra

John Watson

We went through about 6-8 hydro-forces inabout 5 yrs, switched to cordless Multi, same unit 7 years. for tlc and protector. You be the judge...

Mikey P

Administrator
You're not supposed to store your guacamole dip in the jug Watson.

I much prefer Hydroforces ( a minimum of 7 gallons ready to use pre spray) over a 2.5 gallon Multi Spray for efficiency alone.

TracyMurrayao

hmm nice.... i em new to the forum information here is soo kool i was going throught the some information regarding this hope to grow and share what i have for you ppl! after all sharing is caring :)

hogjowl

Idiot™
You want to go with the Multisprayer. The Hydroforce tethers you to your solution line which is a navigation problem at times in tight spaces. The big nuts mentality rules here, so the Hydroforce is king, but like everything decision based on your gonads, this one is flawed. Take my advice and get the Multisprayer.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Porkchop is nutz, Time is money, the Hydroforce is much faster than filling your Multispray jugs.

I like Multisprayers, they have better control than a Hydroforce for applying protectants and antimicrobials but at some point in time you have to mix chems for them. Either on the job site or prior to the job.....taking more time.

Hydroforce for precondition just makes sense......no matter what the pig says. eat shit!

John Watson

Hey Taco Breath, I believe in my oppinion that the porkster poked that donkey right in the ass.. Our product use went way down with the multi. We knew what we were applying. with the force some don't know if it is drawing or not. Had tecs go days with no tlc used (remember we jest tried to clean clean carpets.) Spraying down TLC giving it a proper dwell time by then setting up your hoses and machine fit perfect into our process of cleaning.

Our Jay used to swearby the HF now I would value his opinnion after using the multi for the past few months

Name
Ezra Clark
Good discussion! eat yor heart out Werner I come from a home improvement production background so I do know a thing or 2 about production and having well thought out procedures to save time. I am concerned about the 50 PSI of the multi sprayer for speed of putting down the prespray. I was looking at the penguin 5 gallon 80 PSI battery powered presprayer with interchangable containers. The only thing I am concerned with is it doesnt have the viton seals. Does this really effect anything? Already have a van and truckmount now i'm deciding what tools I will use, so many out there!

Thanks,

Ezra

John Watson

Using a #4 tip, mark out a 10x10 area on your garage floor, you will see what pace you need to walk to get complete coverage and measure the amount you put down.

Larger sprayers are nice on large jobs. in residence settings I prefer the Multi.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The only thing a hydroforce is good for is soaking a carpet. The Multi-sprayer's psi setting is perfect for prespraying, and it is much easier on your quick connects. And, if you are intelligent enough to keep a couple of extra spray jugs around, filled and ready to swap out, you don't have to be doing the Mexican shuffle with the mixing bucket. Sheese ...

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
i have used hte HF for many years,,,and since ive been using the multi sprayer now,,i prefer the multi,,,can def see how much prespray you are using per job,,with some solutions mixed in the HF,,,would cause some coughing fits,, prob more so do to the solution used.

but each to their own,,, as long as it gets the job done,,and the client is happy,,,

Name
Ezra Clark
Forgive me if I sound green, using the multisprayer for prespray for 800sqft of carpet 4-rooms, only moving small furniture how long to prespray the carpets thourouly, and how much prespray used?

Ezra C.

"Ideas are like a good cheesesteak, many people have them, very few achive greatness" :lol:

hogjowl

Idiot™
You should be able to prespray 800 s.f. on one jug of the multisprayer. I always keep two jugs mixed and ready to use. I normally use 1 to 1.5 or even 2 jugs on a job. Don't over think this. Finding yourself with an empty jug is no big deal when it happens. The time it takes you to fill it up in their bathtub, kitchen sink or outside faucet will waste no more time for you than it would if you were having to unwrap your solution line from around your vacuum hose every time you had to move that hydroforce from room to room ahead of you. Most cleaners like the Hydroforce because you can prespray heated prespray with it and it requires no mixing. I can understand that, but it really is not the blessing it is thought to be. Heat kills it over time, plays hell on it's ability to properly draw chemical and a quality prespray works without heat anyway.

The only time I worry about heated prespray is when I mix up Judson's hot sauce. I need to hot water to disolve the hot sauce. When I use Slop and Gobble, I use cold water. It mixes better cold. The temperature of the water doesnt seen to make any difference in the cleaning ability of either product.

If you end up ordering a Multisprayer, make sure you get a second jug or two. If I had to depend on one jug, I'd use my Hydroforce ... until I got the second jug in.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A Hydroforce will use more juice, but for traffic lanes isnt that the idea? I like the Multisprayer, we have more than a dozen of them but they simply cant be compared for speed. Porkfritter someone still has to fill those extra jugs.

Truth is heat isnt a good reason to use a Hydroforce, as it gets too hot the venturi effect quits working. Its convenience and speed where it out duals the Multisprayer.

Ron K

I think this all depends on how you are set up. Do you have a tech pre vacuum and pre spray right away? are you a one man operation? no body mentioned using a HF allows you to know how much vac hose is required. I use an HF but have been thinking about a MS. Some rooms don't need a full dose of HF some do.

hogjowl

Idiot™
No residential rooms ever need a "full dose" of a Hydroforce. No matter how soiled. Bringing a Hydroforce into a home is like bringing a diluge gun to put out a camp fire.

Choose your tools wisely.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
production and having well thought out procedures to save time. I am concerned about the 50 PSI of the multi sprayer for speed of putting down the prespray.

with 08 flow jet, the Multi sprays appx .90 GPM
HF at 500psi with stock tip (06??) puts out right around 1 gpm

not a big deal in the "real world"

The HF can be better for a single man crew..."can" be better if the sumbitch was reliable and feed dilution rates were consistent

for two man crew, the multi is more efficient ....cause you don't have to STOP THE WAND to pre-spray ....which is REALLY stOOpid (stopping the wand to pre-spray) with a two man crew

as far a the Penguin, not just it, but most all other sprayers are inferior toys compared to the Multi-Sprayer ....it's the "Gold Standard" by whick all others can be measured

If not a Multi.. go to Harbor Freight and get their elect sprayer .
Same sprayer as the Hudson (prob'ly Penguin too) for $100 le$$
No better or worse than the other Chinese POS sprayers that are being sold to CC'ers for toodamnmuch

Name
Ezra Clark
I have to get a cool avitar like you all have! I am not sure if I am going to have a one or two man operation, depends on how much work I have coming in at first! Now in my mind (which doesn't mean it's correct, you guys are the experts) I am thinking a good one man operation could be almost as efficent as a two man operation if, takes an electric spayer in for the walk through, sprays all the carpets real good, goes out and brings in the hoses and 360i, extracts the carpet, sets up drieaze airpath fan for quick dry while loading up van.

I know it would be a much easier day to have 2 guys but the work has to be there, besides being hard on the single tech doing it all is a 2 man crew going to get that much more done?

I think I am going with the multi-sprayer, so here is what i'll be cleaning with: Standard length GMC 2500, American Cleaning Systems 4100 (used with a auto temp controled bypass-I added), Rotovac 360i, cordless multi-sprayer, rake, a few pump up sprayers, the drieaze airpath(i think thats what its called) and for cleaners I think i'll start my main prespray with grease eater.

Thanks,

Ezra

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I am thinking a good one man operation could be almost as efficent as a two man operation

"almost" can be subjective, i s'pose
and a very efficient single operator could surpass a very inefficient 2 mn crew in a day depending on the type jobs

Where the gains are made or lost is the time the wand isn't moving across the carpet.
EVERYTHING supports the wand moving across the floor ..cause we not making a penny til the wand is moving ...indeed, we're losing money every second the wand is idle

a two man crew won't gain as much if all that's being done is pulling in hoses, firing up the TM and rock 'n roll. Set up and tear down time is all they'll gain there
However, the minutes add up fast when the wand stops so the operator can spot carpets, remove gum, move and replace, block and tab furniture and schmooze Mrs Phiffleton
(don't neglect to schmooze Mrs Phiff) cause it's important she likes and trusts you...or she won't call you back

two man crew "should" realize 50% more work in a day.
Sometimes much more depending on primary market (like if you do mostly res and move and replace most "normal" furnishings

I wouldn't worry about that right now though.
cause unless you have a big baller wad to spend on marketing every month , it's not likely you'll be buried with work a single man couldn't handle ..for a "little" while anyway

..L.T.A.

Name
Ezra Clark
I wouldn't say I have a big baller wad, but I am coming into this with an already sucessful seamless gutter business, so i have the cash to do it right. Just want to make sure I do it right. My marketing plan thus far is: Have a half page phonebook ad (equal to the current leader) in the most used phonebook here (there are 3 the other 2 are seldom used, I know because I have different numbers in each book for the gutters). I plan on using google ad words, and doing a promotional flyer for apt buildings (move out special) hitting em every 6 months. Also buying a negative air duct cleaning system.

I am a little worried about getting to busy to quick, so I am looking at a 2 man truck if It will make more money. I don't know what to expect for sure.

Thanks,

Ezra

hogjowl

Idiot™
One thing though, don't think you can go in a spray down the whole job and then set up and clean, unless you don't think it's a problem cleaning over dried prespray. Or, unless you clean a bunch of two or three room jobs all the time.

Name
Ezra Clark
I was planing the small jobs 800 sqft of total area and ony moving small coffee tables, end tables, spraying the whole job, anything larger or move outs split it in half, if im doing it alone with 2 guys just spraying and raking the TL ahead of the 360.

Thanks,

Ezra

Name
Ezra Clark
I already bought the van and the TM before I found MB. I would have rather found an extended van, but I didn't and the TM was the right price for a slightly used unit. I believe the ACS is the TM provider for ser. master not positive though, seems like a well built unit.

Ezra

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom