Cordless Multisprayer or Hydroforce for prespray?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I prefer a HF over a battery sprayer. I've rarely had an issue with hot water not syphoning. As for controlling how much gets applied, just control how much you put in the jug. Not difficult. Have a 2 gal container, mix your prespray in that from which you fill your HF. You'll always have the same mixture.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ron Werner said:
I prefer a HF over a battery sprayer. I've rarely had an issue with hot water not syphoning. As for controlling how much gets applied, just control how much you put in the jug. Not difficult. Have a 2 gal container, mix your prespray in that from which you fill your HF. You'll always have the same mixture.

WHAT? I have read that three times and it still doesn't make on bit of sense to me. Have you somehow disingaged your metering system on your HF?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
what doesn't make sense?

I have a HF with No Tip, meters at 4:1, I mix up my prespray in a 2 gal container, pour that into the HF or top it up (have the same concentration every time), I hook it up and start spraying. The level always goes down in the jug and I keep moving. NBD

The only time I've had some syphoning issues is when I was using a yellow tip, 9or8:1

I don't mind getting the carpet a little wetter than if I used a battery sprayer, gives it more dwell time.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Smarty pants are spraying behind and under the furniture? We can usually go all day on one container. ??? It does use more than the multisprayer but not as much as it sounds like you are using. :?:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I get the impression that you are making this up as you go along. When was the last time you even touched a HF? You are on here all day every day, so what could you POSSIBLY know about your guys prespraying experiences?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Just because I'm not on the truck anymore doesnt I dont involve myself i. The cleaning process, testing and evaluating solutions, tm's and tools.

OK I made it up. ;)

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Marty said:
I took my metering tip out once and was shocked at how much juice I was using. The jug emptied in about 3 rooms.

You were probably using the 5 qt container so you sprayed down 20 qts (5 gallons) or about 1 1/2 gal per room prespray. Sounds about normal for a heavily soiled cut pile carpet with filtration lines and traffic patterns. And it takes less than 5 minutes to prespray all that down. Nothing is faster or more efficient than a HF. Or more reliable or cost effective. I bought my current one 3 years ago on EBay for $100 and have used it on thousands of jobs whether hooked to an 80 psi faucet or my TM at 500 psi and 240 degrees. Doesn't have issues or stop working like a multi sprayer eventually does (at 4-5 times the cost and 4-9 times the weight).

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Marty said:
If you've never had a HF go out on you, then you are running a whimpy TM and spraying at 100 psi of luke warm water.

Thanks for that. You're the one who ran the #3 blower TM :lol: . Mostly I run my Pro 1200 and sometimes the solution line is so hot the HF won't draw, so I just wait a minute or two and do other tasks. But that doesn't happen that often. And any other problems are related to clogging (very rare) or leak at solution draw line (once every 5 years).

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I agree with Art. My in line sprayer came with my first Tm I bought used almost 6 years ago and it still works great. I have rebuilt it once and I have to clean the filter every once in a while but that's it. I also don't understand the comments about not knowing if its siphoning? I can tell right away if it quits drawing. I guess I have no way to tells its metering precisely but who cares?

I also have a multi sprayer that gets used a tenth of what the inline gets used and I'm on my second one both bought brand new.

I tried using the the multi for pre spray once for a few weeks but it was just way to slow. It probably wouldn't be so bad using a liquid pre spray but the constant mixing of powders was too much.

The multi is a must have for protector though.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

hogjowl

Idiot™
Art Kelley said:
Marty said:
If you've never had a HF go out on you, then you are running a whimpy TM and spraying at 100 psi of luke warm water.

Thanks for that. You're the one who ran the #3 blower TM :lol: . Mostly I run my Pro 1200 and sometimes the solution line is so hot the HF won't draw, so I just wait a minute or two and do other tasks. But that doesn't happen that often. And any other problems are related to clogging (very rare) or leak at solution draw line (once every 5 years).

Waiting a minute or two before you can prespray ... and you were talking about the Multi-sprayer being slow?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Waiting a minute or two before you can prespray ... and you were talking about the Multi-sprayer being slow?[/quote]

It might happen once or twice a year. Not an issue worth that I worry about. Once in few thousand times. Normally I'm prespraying at less that the cutoff temp for a HF. If you use an oil fired heater in the TM than a HF might not be right for you; then you are stuck with the expensive bulky breakdown-prone multisprayer.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can tell you haven't actually used a Multi-sprayer, so discussing this with you is like talking with Chavez.

No practical application ...

Name
Ezra Clark
hmmmmmmm..........................maybe I shouldn't have asked, didn't realize it was such a controversial subject! :lol:

My TM has a 25 HP Kohler, cant figure out what size the blower is, anyone know what size blower is usually paired with a motor like this? The blower is pretty good sized.

Thanks

Ezra

hogjowl

Idiot™
Seldom do you get any useful information after the first few posts. We ALWAYS end up calling each other names and throwing darts by page two.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Its a quirky industry where we tend to defend what we do rather than take another's experience and think that they are actually doing something better than our self.
I got tired of my Omni pump leaking so I rigged it up a different way, hated the battery always dying on me 1/2 way through so I installed a bigger battery, found the battery/pumpup sprayer wasn't putting down enough prespray or I'd need to carry a 5gal jug around so I switched to a HF.

A lot, if not everything, depends on your cleaning style, what you find works with your method. Some guys like cleaning room by room, I prefer prepping multiple rooms then cleaning them,
also depends if you work alone or in a team. With a team, a battery sprayer may work better where one guy is prepping a room ahead of the guy cleaning and then there is no need to share the pressure line or run a 2nd line.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I work alone, spray two or sometimes three rooms ahead of me, and find the Multi-Sprayer a better tool than the HF.

So, your comments are not appreciated!

Mikey P

Administrator
Marty said:
You want to go with the Multisprayer. The Hydroforce tethers you to your solution line which is a navigation problem at times in tight spaces. The big nuts mentality rules here, so the Hydroforce is king, but like everything decision based on your gonads, this one is flawed. Take my advice and get the Multisprayer.

Says the man who appears to be home and napping everyday by 1pm...

shanealbertt

You want to go Multisprayer. Hydroforce tether you to your solution line, which is a small space, the navigation problem. Big nuts mentality rules, So Hydroforce is king, but all decisions of the gonads, this man is flawed. In my opinion, and to get Multisprayer.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're right, "big balls" go big or go home! eat yor heart out Werner

I was out with the crews yesterday we were cleaning student housing, you could clean (3) 4-bedroom apartments on one full hydroforce container. It's faster, if you don't care about the speed then sure the Multisprayer is great alternative.

Hydroforce tether you to your solution line, which is a small space, the navigation problem.
Really? oh my... On Saturday afternoon's in the Fall I give free leasons on how to operate a tethered solution line in small spaces. KMA!

Where do we get these guys. shhhhehhh! eat shit!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
if we are "tethered" to our soln line, at least one thing is good, we won't be tethered any shorter than the reach of our vacuum line

I just cleaned some 1200sf hallways, no thank you with a battery sprayer. I would have been refilling that over and over. Fine if you've got a helper, but my HF worked just fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom