cost difference between owning a New CDS/CLeanco/Butler vs a new Aerotech

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
After 14 years in this business I am ready to get a new machine and van combo (PTO). Hopefully a system I can use for years with little downtime. I also want all the bells and whistles to make my life easier (electric hose reels, shelving, etc) I keep reading that it is expensive to own and operate an Aerotech. I have looked into the financing for an Aerotech and a maxed out CDS 4.8, and it really isn't that much of a difference on monthly payments. I usually clean with someone at all times so having the dual wand capability of the Aerotech would seem to bring the cost down vs owing 2 vans? Curious though about the cost difference of say maintenance, fuel, repairs, etc of an Aerotech vs a pto van. I also do a lot of commercial so the Aerotech is the direction I am leaning for dual wanding, but need to make sure I am bringing in enough sales if it really is more costly than a van system.

Mikey P

Administrator
Oil changes involve 11 quarts so expect to pay around $200 every 10,000 miles.
Two extra tires to buy.

Brake jobs while rare are pricey too

But nothing beats real dual wanding and all that storage room

Go for it.

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
What are the payments on each?
Aerotech and CDS are between $1200 and $1600 depending on options and buyout at the end. This is with no money down. I know there are other options for finance, I got quotes this way to compare. While not cheap there isn't a significant difference in the monthly payments in my opinion. I think Butler offers some good financing options, but have not looked into them yet.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I do the Aerotech.....hell the walkup's alone will make your payment! :p

Seriously from what you've described Aerotech. You'll kill on commercial jobs! Those big beasts are really built for production. A cargo van just doesn't have the room or storage capacity of a box truck.

If you have the work it makes sense, if you hope to have the work....you better hope you can make the payment.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Dont base your decision on monthly payments.

What is the total cost of each including interest, repairs,taxes etc. over say 100,000 miles
Does the AT last longer then a cds?
What about resale value of each?

Monthly payments is a suckers game created by the financial service industry.

For example in NYS we would be paying another 8.75% sales tax on top of the total $$.

Reactions: Russ T.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Get what works better for you.
Though the numbers do not add up.

A loaded CDS will cost you less than $60,000 with all the trimmings.
An AT, if I understand will start at $90,000 or more.

So unless they are giving free % financing and the other charges a very profitable financing %, I don't see how the cost will match.

Mikey P

Administrator
Are YOU on the truck? Many can't handle the thought of handing a chimp the keys to a Aerotech

Are you sure that one or two extra jobs or tile/uph add ons will be accomplished with the AT?

if so the extra income will more than make up for it

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Well if it costs 30% more then the question is does it have 30% more life? 30% more resale value and can you do 30% more revenue per year?

F

FB7777

Get what works better for you.
Though the numbers do not add up.

A loaded CDS will cost you less than $60,000 with all the trimmings.
An AT, if I understand will start at $90,000 or more.

So unless they are giving free % financing and the other charges a very profitable financing %, I don't see how the cost will match.

I agree Ofer, and the $1200 / month for a CDS sounds a bit high if it is comparing to the same rates , life of.loan and terms for an AT

Mikey P

Administrator
Tracy where do you live?

How seasonal is your work?

What is your job average for the last three years?

What services do you offer?

How often do you clean tile?

How much commercial are you cleaning and what percentage of HWE vs VLM?

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
If you are reading on *** that they are more expense to run that's one problem lol.
I can't speak for older designs and vortexs but my at has been one tough Mule for sure.

sent via tapatalk.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I don't think our trucks are expensive to maintain at all. In fact our Nissan Uds have been just tough as they get and just keep running like champs.

Name
Ron lippold
You will spend much more with a van, a box truck would be hard to overload, a slide in is overloaded from the get go.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
You will spend much more with a van, a box truck would be hard to overload, a slide in is overloaded from the get go.

Correct........look at the long haul.......your going to be futher ahead with something that is built to hold the weight and the wear and tear that we give them....

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
My box hasn't cost me more to own than my van did. Both the butler and the At have high resale values when taken car of properly.
The Izuzu holds 13 qts but goes 7500 vs. van which was 6 qts every 3k. The real advantage to a box for me and the reason was ease of maintenance. You can stand up and walk around your truck mount. Much easier on your body. The sooner you make your life simpler with quality equipment the longer and better your body will feel. Plus your get a billboard.

Gene

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
Tracy where do you live?

How seasonal is your work?

What is your job average for the last three years?

What services do you offer?

How often do you clean tile?

How much commercial are you cleaning and what percentage of HWE vs VLM?
I

I live in NC so I clean year around. I might have 4 or 5 days a year I have to reschedule a job due to snow. I currently get about 70% of my income from commercial. I currently VLM 90% of commercials. I own 2 cimexs, 1 Trinity, and 1 CRB. I do about 15 hotels and up till this month used Cimexs and trinity to clean them. Since Cintas started marketing hard in this area the hotels are now requesting HWE. I HWE 99% of residential, and see the benefit of having a true dual wand machine. I also like the size of a box truck. I use to have a box truck with a boxxer 421 in it and loved the extra space. I currently have a ford extended, and it is packed with both truckmount and VLM tools.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
what happened to all this talk about big trucks dying and etm will be the future with mytee? lol

........ exactly ;)

Tracy what are your thoughts on single vs dual recovery tank?

all day cleaning ( literally ) or added room for other tools+ pump out?\

Ive only ever worked with dual tank at's.

Some days I wish I had the added room but then winter rolls in....apo = nope. Or just massive jobs.

Even as Is on monster size jobs I have had a cimex, rotary, op,autoscrubber and rx20 plus room for all my odds and ends for out of town jobs, and thats just the very back.....
(I like back up stuff for my back up when Im far out lol)

the Cm fits nicely in the at and is even Mb approved. The sticker says so :stir:

2014-05-05143903.jpg

Last edited:

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
How far do you travel cleantech? I drive sometimes 200 miles to do a hotel. I know you told me before your AT gets about the same MPG as your cargo van?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The other option would be a big dual wand slide in machine mounted in a box truck. You won't save over the CDS but I'd think you'd save considerably over the big truck.

But if you can afford the payment AT is the way to go, especially for commercial.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
All i can say is don't just look at this through your carpet cleaner glasses.
Also throw on your investor glasses and ask cold $$ questions.

What is my total fixed ownership cost? van/tm, interest, taxes
What is my operating costs? repair, gas etc. Create some number to make it easy to compare like 100k miles and 4000 hours {or whatever}
What kind of average lifetime can i expect from each? i dont know but assume the AT is going to last much longer but how much?

Its much easier to make decisions like this then relying solely on instinct and current emotions.

Last edited:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You are in the perfect position to buy an Aerotech or a Sapphire 870 slide-in. No D/D machine has enough vacuum capacity for dual wanding and it sounds like you want to do that. That is the only reason I would buy an Aerotech or an 870 slide-in; to dual wand with a chimp. You have the commercial base and can blast through residential jobs with dual wands. I think the numbers will work for you.

After 14 years in this business I am ready to get a new machine and van combo (PTO). Hopefully a system I can use for years with little downtime. I also want all the bells and whistles to make my life easier (electric hose reels, shelving, etc) I keep reading that it is expensive to own and operate an Aerotech. I have looked into the financing for an Aerotech and a maxed out CDS 4.8, and it really isn't that much of a difference on monthly payments. I usually clean with someone at all times so having the dual wand capability of the Aerotech would seem to bring the cost down vs owing 2 vans? Curious though about the cost difference of say maintenance, fuel, repairs, etc of an Aerotech vs a pto van. I also do a lot of commercial so the Aerotech is the direction I am leaning for dual wanding, but need to make sure I am bringing in enough sales if it really is more costly than a van system.

Last edited:

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
How far do you travel cleantech? I drive sometimes 200 miles to do a hotel. I know you told me before your AT gets about the same MPG as your cargo van?

a few have been around that

and yes better mpg then my 1 ton chevy ( its nothing but flat here lol )

but the new isuzu should be even better with a 6 speed transmission?

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
Cleantech, where I live weather isn't a problem so thinking about the small waste tank with the APO. AT has 2 chassis to choose from. I was thinking the lighter weight one might be better? A little cheaper, but also thinking things like 16" tires vs 19" would be a little cheaper to replace?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Yes cheaper and still a heavy duty truck by all means but with the heavier 19.5 suspension you will never have to worry about overloading it. And judging from the our trucks the 19.5 tires are built better and last longer even though they cost more it comes out to be about break even through the extended service.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Yes cheaper and still a heavy duty truck by all means but with the heavier 19.5 suspension you will never have to worry about overloading it. And judging from the our trucks the 19.5 tires are built better and last longer even though they cost more it comes out to be about break even through the extended service.

I just did......

6 new tires........( 19.5 )
2 front shocks
and new breaks on my cab over....
$2100.....

4 new tires on my van..(16)
close to $800..

I expect to replace the ones on the van one more time before I have to on the cab over......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom