Could somebodie's wife please do me a favor....

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Or a married female cleaner...

Find out how much gold is in your wedding ring.

I want to make sure the jeweler isn't screwing me. He says he is charging me $250 markup. The rest is hand engraving charged out hourly, cost of stones, and cost of gold. I want to make sure his quote is on the money. I want to know the average amount of gold in a three stone wedding ring. I'm also gonna call a pawn shop. I just want a couple of people to give me weights so I know what the average is so I can call the jeweler on any tomfoolery.

How will you do this? I don't know. If your husband is a diabetic or a drug dealer he should have a digital scale. Subtract the weight of the stones from the overall weight. Or give me overal weight plus Ct. size and I'll do the math.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
No. And I don't plan to for a while. However, having a ring paid for rather than starting a relationship with a mountain of debt is intriguing to me.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
"They" Usually like to pick it out themselves and get it sized. Just an idea. don't put the cart before the horse so to speak. :roll:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Gary whatever your thinking STOP. Buying a ring"just in case" is a bad idea. Put the money in a cd instead. It'll be there when your ready and if you change your mind you always buy a gun instead :)

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I've already decided. I just know it's best to let decisions like this fester a bit. Give them a a good year to go bat freakin' crazy. Saved me from a bad marriage and almost certain divorce about 3 years ago.

I am getting price quotes. I already know what she wants because I spent a great deal of time peaking over her shoulder while her and her best friend decided what ring they wanted before her and I were ever dating. I am not buying a ring just in case. I am quoting a ring, saving money to buy it outright, and purchasing it a few months in advance of the proposal. I don't think that's jumping the gun. Everybody has told me I need to let her pick it out. Well, she has picked it out, and I am going to add the sentimental detail to make it that much more special.

I just want to make sure my quote is on and I don't know how much gold goes into a ring.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
It will vary depending on if the ring is 10, 14, 18 (or very rarely 24) karat gold. I'd weigh my set for you, but it has more than three stones. Also, of course, size and number of stones makes a big difference as well.

My husband bought mine without me. He said he started saving for it after our third date. While it is not what I would have chosen for myself, I would have chosen a smaller ring without diamonds, I love them because when I look at them, I see him and his style and personality....I wouldn't trade them (or him) for the world.

utf-8BSU1HMDAzODktMjAwOTA1MTMtMTg0N.jpg

Take care,
Lisa

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have bought almost all of my wife’s jewelry at a pawn shop including her engagement ring. My sister in-laws dog me for being cheep but are jealous of the gold and diamonds at the same time. This results in my brother in-laws racking up some serious debt as the finance gifts to keep pace with me.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
That is a beautiful ring Lisa. My wife and I hit every pawn shop we see. She buys and sells for fun and a little profit. Good luck on the ring Gary.
Al

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
truckmount girl said:
[quote="bob vawter":eek:uf0k5xm]sooooo then....three dates...
an' ya gave it up....????

Nope.....5.

Take care,
Lisa[/quote:eek:uf0k5xm]

soooo....WHO sED...i love you....FIRST?

Becker

Name
Becker
my clients do bussiness with me because they trust me, I do business with those I trust.

if I can't or don't trust them I look elsewhere.

it is that simple.

damion68

Sorry Gary, I havent read any other posts on here but.....if he says "charged out hourly" What would that mean on YOUR invoice????
Just a thought.....

Mark

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have done the necessary research to believe this is a good company. Now I need to test that to prove it's right. I trust them enough to have them give me a quote which is more than I can say for some jewelers I have checked into. Fair enough?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom