Could this -be what I suspect to be- bug damage?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I am just now looking at the pictures I posted (on my laptop screen) Now I see why you guys are thinking it would be mold. The colors and pattern on these pictures really show that way. But it is really different in real life...I will attempt some more pictures without the flash...hopefully they will be more lifelike.

Doc....I don't think we consider Carlsbad to be a humid area...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Jim, they are not using a humidifier. Limited number of vegetation inside the home. Outside is normal for the area.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I will talk to the lady and ask about the upholstery more in detail, regarding the life and surroundings before she moved here. (Since it is a preexisting condition)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My sister lived in San Diego when I was a teen. I went out to visit for a week and it rained every morning by noon it cleared off and the sun came out and it was beautiful, then by evening it was cold. :eekk:

You guys got all the seasons in one day. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Zee,

Any chance that those spots came from something that they do around the house but may not be out? Holiday decorations?

I have seen dried flowers arrangements do that to carpet. I have seen painted Christmas decorations do that as well. How about the pollen from live flowers? I have even seen the sprinkles from donuts cause problems.

They don't look like messy people, but do they eat on the furniture at all? Crumbs from some foods could do it. Curry?!

Can you examine the spots with a magnifying glass to see if there is any residue at all that might be causing the problem.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have seen painted Christmas decorations do that as well
We've been accused of green flecks coming from our cleaning. As I inspected I found flecks in the carpet leading to a storage closet. Inside the closet was a wreath over dyed with green paint. As you moved it, the green flaked off. I showed the client and got us off the hook but she was still upset.

It was misdirected anger though. We didn't cause it and we corrected it on our dime because she claimed we did it.
Can't please everyone. :oldrolleyes:

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We've been accused of green flecks coming from our cleaning. As I inspected I found flecks in the carpet leading to a storage closet. Inside the closet was a wreath over dyed with green paint. As you moved it, the green flaked off. I showed the client and got us off the hook but she was still upset.

It was misdirected anger though. We didn't cause it and we corrected it on our dime because she claimed we did it.
Can't please everyone. :oldrolleyes:

I have had almost that exact scenario happen a few times.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom