CPL Insurance?

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
I'm almost ready to jump into the mold remediation business. I just need to cover my butt first. Where are you getting your CPL insurance and what do I need to know before shopping around and getting a policy?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Sorry we don't do mold over 6ftx6ft areas so I cant help you, but Chavez will be by here shortly and can tell you where they get there's and what to look out for.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Look for an insurance broker. They can price several companies and get you the best deal on Pollution insurance.
Mold work is wrought with liability from all angles even when you follow procedure. You need the insurance but more so you need to document and communicate with all parties very well. Build each file as if you're going to protect yourself in court, so when questioned you can validate what was done and why.

CIH Report-
You need a third party evaluator for a protocol

Written estimate

Work Authorization

Photos before during and after remediation

Diagram of affected rooms & walls

Thermal Images-both Prior to and Post Demo

Signed changes from Estimate Form

Disposal Sign Off

Refusal of Recommendations

*On critical jobs-Manometer printout to verify containment, Dry Log- Temp & Humidity readings

Certificate of completion

CIH Clearance

Last edited by a moderator:

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Was thinking of signing up with crawford and they require cpl for water remediation work. Is cpl needed for that work if you are not doing mold work? I thought errors and omissions was enough.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes the two are very closely tied together.

It would be in your best interest to have Pollution insurance if you plan to do WDR. Its priced off your sales if those areas, so it may not be as much starting out as it will be as that section of your business grows.

Like health insurance this is only going to be for a major claim. If there is a claim you would still be required to pay a deductible ($10,000.00 or more) and then they would defend the claim.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom