Cuffs/ Mikey Cuffs

A. wilson

Whatever happened to the "Mikey-Cuffs"? I remember reading about them a while back, but didn't know if they "took off". I think I am going to be replacing the existing cuffs/barbs on the new stuff to the Cool-Cuff type set up.

Whats the deal before I go down to TCS and get some.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
greenie is having them knocked off in china, there will also be a knock off cool cuffs version as well :lol:

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Don't you still have a pic of those Mikey? Maybe you never did and I just pictured them in my head. Looked a lot like Froto's silencer.

T

The Magician

Look for Magic Cuffs soon!

The Magician

Now you see them.........But where?

G

I've been using MikeyCuffs for about 4 months now. They're the best product I've ever used. I'll take a pic sometime and post. I'm sure Mikey can email pics if you need. :shock:

F

FB7777

Hey Steve, what you got was the reducer replacement, the internal diameter is 2 inch because it is essentially a 2.5 barb connector fitted to a cool cuff.

This thing is supposed to replace the cool cuff with screws to fasten to a 2.5 hose that he was providing when you initially purchased a lil better 2.5 hose section from him.

Joe will have the 2.5 cool cuffs eventually for $40 per set.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What's the advantage of cool-cuffs over the old barb-style connectors. Never had any problem with them.

A. wilson

It keeps hoses from coming apart. My old hoses don't have a problem, but my new stuff has very flexible cuffs which come apart real easy. Even more so after running alot of hot water through them. I just installed them on my first 3 sections, we'll see how they are tomorrow.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John La Rue said:
What's the advantage of cool-cuffs over the old barb-style connectors. Never had any problem with them.

I'm one of the rare birds that's not gah-gah over cool cuffs, John.
We've never had a problem with hoses coming apart.
Coarse, we don't drag 200ft of hose across yard either.
We also use metal connectors that are quite secure and AIR LEAK FREE.

The biggest advantage I see to cool cuffs, is they're easier to disconnect than our metal connectors.

other than that, I don't think they're "all that"

your mileage may vary....

..L.T.A.

Greenie

Meat don't have an Elec. reel.

What we need is a locking cuff that don't leak, either at the hose thread or the cuff threads it's self. I would call them Leak-Free cuffs the opposite of Leaky cuffs. Oh and swivels would only leak more, so none of that action.

A. wilson

I used them today with no real complaints, although I was a bit concerned since it was a product I have never used prior.

I goobered them up with sealant and let them sit overnight, and found no air leaks on the hose/cuff side. With the vac capped off there is/was a slight bit of air where the cuffs screw together.

I have a simple and easy fix for it that can be bought at most sporting goods stores. But I don't think it is necessary for the minimal amount of leakage I have with mine.

Shane

meAt said:
John La Rue said:

I'm one of the rare birds that's not gah-gah over cool cuffs, John.
We've never had a problem with hoses coming apart.
Coarse, we don't drag 200ft of hose across yard either.
We also use metal connectors that are quite secure and AIR LEAK FREE.

The biggest advantage I see to cool cuffs, is they're easier to disconnect than our metal connectors.

other than that, I don't think they're "all that"

your mileage may vary....

..L.T.A.

I agree with Larry, my metal ones work great, don't leak or come apart.

Greenie

It's usually not the metal joiner, but the soft vinyl that stretches.

One thing I really liked about a rigid cuff, was putting it on and taking it off a 2" wand, and when you needed to suck up some chunks along a baseboard, would never collapse, it was actually a more efficient tool.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Re: Buy several sets

KevinL said:
once you switch to 1 set you have to have all your connections done with them.

Yah, I personally love them. When I do condo's, I don't have to worry about the hoses coming apart. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE with the cool cuff....PERIOD. As for leaking. The swivels suck, but the regular cuffs aren't as bad. I also like the fact that I can connect them EASILY when its 10 degrees outside.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom