Custom Jim Martin Approved Westpak SS Wand

Mikey P

Administrator
emailblast2-10-15.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The one I got with my SS 570 was a 12 inch the wand the one I just got is a 14 inch I'll probably boost it to 8 to 12 flow.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Loving it, can't get the bypass office out so it will overheat and shut down once in a while. Makes the temp control useless, it sits at scorching temps always. Got to run it to Mitch and have him fix it.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
PAGING @Jim Martin

I am getting this wand (14") with my new Sapphire machine. Once I glide it do I need jet extenders? Can I still use the stock jets (angle wise, not necessarily flow).

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Typical Marty:

-Swoopes in.
-States problems but provides no solutions.
-Congratulates self on job well done.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
PAGING @Jim Martin

I am getting this wand (14") with my new Sapphire machine. Once I glide it do I need jet extenders? Can I still use the stock jets (angle wise, not necessarily flow).

The object of the extenders is to get the heat as close to the carpet as possible and the proper jets to cover the area. More than likely going to want to use a 110-?? Jet with extenders. I would best guess medium length.

Reactions: D Luke
F

FB7777

Actually. Marty is correct tho

Jim is on a well deserved fly fishing trip in Colorado I believe

Reactions: D Luke

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
You don't need extenders.

All they do is create jet tracks.

I think you're right. I put them on my glided PC quad thinking they would help the little bit of overspray. It is either the same or worse.

Hasn't streaked yet, but almost seemed like it was close on a couple jobs. The check valve part actually works good, though.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The overspray is the result of the spray hitting the back of the glide and running off the end. I used to think it was due to the glide raising the wand lips up too high, but once I saw that putting extenders on actually made it WORSE I realized we all are wrong about the cause.

The next wand I buy will have adjustible jets.

I have a fear of employees creating furniture dye problems by running the wand along the side of a dresser or something. The overspray collects right at the base of the furniture and all the drying passes you can do won't get it out. The next time you clean there, if you are asked to move the furniture, you'll see the stain line.

Brady and I have learned to stay a bit clear of the furniture with the side of the wand glide while cleaning to prevent that, but an employee is a different story.

Reactions: Russ T.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Interesting. Makes sense, even though that's exactly how Green Glides tells you to run them.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Interesting. Makes sense, even though that's exactly how Green Glides tells you to run them.

What are you trying to achieve with a glide? Ease of use/comfort and better dry times

The glide ads distance to the carpet now. So if you ad a short extender you should about be back to normal. Moving the jets closer with the longer extenders increases your heat at the carpet but creates a streaking, so you put a wider jet pattern on to compensate. The idea is to find what works best with your particular wand and cleaning habits. after you figure that out you'll then need to figure out what size jets you want to use.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I have a 4 jet Prochem Ti wand that I just adjusted last week with long extenders and 110-025 jets for a total of 10 flow. I will be switching back to short extenders next week but the 110 mets are correct for my set up.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I have a 4 jet Prochem Ti wand that I just adjusted last week with long extenders and 110-025 jets for a total of 10 flow. I will be switching back to short extenders next week but the 110 mets are correct for my set up.

Dan,

I have the same wand.

I use 4 jets, two 110's in the middle and two 95's on the outside. With a glide, no extenders and very little over spray.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Dan,

I have the same wand.

I use 4 jets, two 110's in the middle and two 95's on the outside. With a glide, no extenders and very little over spray.

I don't have any overspray problems. I did notice more streaking from the jets being closer. I had short extenders and switched to long.

Mikey P

Administrator
Tom nailed it with the Dev Swivel.

and his jet mounts flex and flop all over. Revision two should be awesome.

He needs to sell the swivel design to other wand manufacturers. Seriously.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I have a 6 jet Ti wand with a holed glide 6 #2 jets 9502 on the outside and 1102 in the middle. It's my favorite wand I don't have the issues Marty does, I do use 1 inch extenders at about 600 psi. No streaking.

I have the 12 inch and 14 inch Westpac wands, the 12 inch came with my 570 I won the 14 inch here for $375.

The 14 inch is heavier than the PC ti and the wand trigger is a little bigger more work. My young guys like the Westpac more. I think it's a solid wand but at 51 years old I prefer easier!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
But for a budget 2 inch wand it's solid. But no one can convince me it's better or cleans better than a Ti wand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom