Dave Rampage-- The benefit of having employees.

V

vegijohn

I'm going to Paris and then Rome next week for two weeks and the business will still run.

As In the book Cash Flow Quadrant in the Rich Dad/Poor Dad series of books--- When you have employees you have more freedom.

Do you want to own a job or a business?

Yes there are headaches in running a business but there are backaches in going it alone.

All The Best,

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Not meaning to be a smartass, but I thought he has made it clear he wants a job right now. Having cash set aside for emergencies. To each his own.

I don't have either right now.

Mikey P

Administrator
Where have you been Vegi?

That was quite a bomb you dropped only to vanish with out letting all the people you got so riled up know what happened.

Did Ace do right by you or not?

V

vegijohn

I've been sooo busy---working 6-7 days a week 14 hours a day. the vortex is booked up until Dec 3rd and my new blueline diesel is booking up fast.

Having employees and two trucks sure does produce a lot of paperwork. the extra hour we got yesterday really helped in getting caught up.

I haven't got my money from ACE yet but I heard He laid off all of his employees-- I probably won't see much of my $23K-- Oh well two weeks pay down the drain. lol

The Preacher

for some reason my BS meter is pegged by VJ's last post???

PS i was hanging some framed pictures for my wife over the weekend. a beeping noise kept continually sounding off and it was starting to annoy my wife, turns out my STUD finder was going off every time i put it in my pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Jimbo

John...wasn't it your employee that was afraid to drive your Vortex that prompted you to deal with ACE and buy their machine?? Thats really beneficial!-Jim

G

Hi John,

I really know the benefits and pitfalls of having employees. I had 12 to 14 employees including myself in the past. I know there are benefits either way you go. When my kids get older I will probably grow to a few trucks. Just not now.

I have all the systems in place and have step by step instructions for the techs written down in the truck so when the time comes it is ready to go. I do actually have one employee that does all my truck maintenance and gets the truck ready for me each day so I can spend time with the family.

This summer we took a 9 day vacation to Disney and we just closed down, no big deal. I still had my mother in law scheduling jobs. I'm not the kind of person that likes too much time off anyway because I get too bored doing nothing.

Dave

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"When you have employees you have more freedom. "

"I've been sooo busy---working 6-7 days a week 14 hours a day."

Things that make you go HMMMMM

..L.T.A.

G

I haven't worked a 14 hour day since I had all those employees.

Dave

steve g

Name
steve garrett
maybe there was more too it, in the few that said vegi john was full of shit, I am starting to believe them

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
to be clear, I didn't say he was FOS

Having employees can fatten your wallet.
and drain the aspirin bottle too
(That would be a reference to headaches for you slower peeps)

I just noted the interesting dichotomy of "more freedom"
then in the following post "working 6-7 days a week 14 hours a day"

.L.T.A.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Guys, guys, guys. Can't we all just get along?

I've been there- done that where Dave is right now and there is nothing wrong with it. At least twice during my twenty years as a carpet cleaner I made a conscious decision to down size and "regroup" and let me tell you- it felt darn good to not put up with the whining/ bellyaching/ pettiness and UNRELIABILITY of employees ... for awhile. Then my back started hurting, etc.

Let me please stress one thing. The "Strategies for Success" seminar is not just about hiring tons of employees and "getting big". Instead, SFS is all about "doing it right" no matter what size of operation you CHOOSE to wind up with.

Sure, we give you the tools to get big if that is what you want. But a fair percentage of our members leave SFS and decide to just use Value Added Service concepts and procedures to dramatically raise their prices and stay on the truck. And you know what? That is fine with us.

Sincerely submitted,

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training and head Peace Negotiator
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS The biggest thing SFS preaches is "Avoiding the Road In-Between" where you are both too big but too small. I wrote an article on this a while back and it got more fan mail than I had ever received or have received since. Write me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com for an e-mailed copy plus if you do not have our SFS orientation DVD yet also include your mailing address. Don't forget to send your fan mail later.

V

vegijohn

I'm having to work so much because there are a lose ends that need to be tired up before I CAN go on vacation. Having a second truck has really helped in keeping up with demand.

And when ever you grow from one truck to multiple trucks and the owner is going to be out of the country for two weeks there are bugs that need to be worked out.

I have great respect for Dave Rampage and I understand why someone would like to downsize and enjoy life as an O/O. Every time someone calls off sick and I have to do the work of two people I feel like become a O/O again.-- But business demand won't allow it.

As for me being FOS-- What ever makes you feel better about yourself is OK with me--- Especially if you are my competition. I have found my "Acres Of Diamonds" and its good to be me. And remember I've been homeless twice in my life-- Once as a child and once as a young adult.

This will be my 5th time to Paris and 3rd time to Italy. Been to London,Mexico, The Caribbean and Canada once, Germany twice and Hawaii too many time to count. I have the passport to prove it too.

The first time I was in Paris I remember thinking, "Wow I'm in Paris and I'm a freakin carpet cleaner-- Life is good."

A Smart CC or O/O would ask ---"How'd I do It?" But your ego won't let you do that and I shouldn't tell because my competition might be reading this.. but here's a hint--- read some books and take some classes. When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
hey make sure you get your coffee in the "cafe american" on the via vainto in Rome,and if you have not gone out to the catacomb's yet, your missing out.......throw a euro in the trevy for us

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Cu,

Why dont you take John's lead and paste a big sunflower on the side of that sprinter and go after his rich hippie clients for .5 less.

V

vegijohn

Jerry thanks for the catacombs suggestion.

Mike-- As for running my truck on vegi oil: I am holding off on modifying my new truck because what I may have saved on fuel cost I may have spent on higher maintenance and repair cost. The Vortex truck lacks some power and has broken down twice at a custy's house this year.

It seems---french fries and tempura batter in fuel line-- a bad thing.lol

But my hippy clients love the vegi thing and it helps with marketing.

The Wizard

Thanks to employees we are off to Jamaica for a couple of months starting the middle of December to start construction of our retirement home, on the piece of land we bought.

Life is good, employees make life even better, especially when the employees have been with you for 19 and 14 years respectively.

Ya mon, everything Irie !

The Wizard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom