Webinar December 16th - Doyle Bloss

Mikey P

Administrator
Take a stroll down memory lane and celebrate the equipment pioneers of our industry.

Who invented the first hot water extraction machine for carpet cleaning? Who first brought the truckmount into the marketplace? You will get a chance to hear about and see pictures of some of the very first machines, patents, failed ideas, and more that forged the equipment you use today. See some equipment and tools that will prove to you that some things sold to you today as the latest innovations are certainly not new.

From 1964 through 2015, you will hear about and see machines and tools that you may have even forgotten about yourself that you once used. You will hear about names such as Clark Seabloom, Bill Bane, Gene Bates, Ralph Bloss, Gene Bates, Paul Brondyk, Bill Wisdom, Fred Hays, David Bergin, Judson Jones, Joe Judge, Ernie Ballweber, Mike Palmer, Jim and Mike Roden, Ed York, John Sales, and someone named Mr. Steam.

We’ll share some stories about some really good ideas, and some not-so-brilliant ones. If you have been cleaning carpets for a long time, you will enjoy re-visiting some of the equipment you used as a young pup.
If you are new to the business, you will learn about 168# “portable” portable extractors and other things you are glad you missed. But you will also help pay tribute to the some of the pioneers whose vision, tenacity, and perseverance helped get you to the point today where you have some of the most efficient and productive equipment ever built to help you get your job done better and faster.

Plus, HydraMaster will provide you with a peak into the future of truckmounted equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
FB_IMG_1449939501561.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
This is going to be awesome...

My Brother Kirk and I were talking just yesterday that it will be 50 years now since our family started in the cleaning industry and with HWE....

We were talking about our family was in the back of a barber shop and they were in the back welding up "SteamTronic" carpet cleaning machines in Neche North Dakota. (These were the other company we had bought from the "Deep Steam" brothers)

We had a lot of stories we were remembering and my family had also studied with Doyle's father....

My dad has great stories too about that...

So looking forward to Doyle's presentation....walk down memory lane and history :)

Steve Knight

What time is this webinar on? Im in the United Kingdom and very keen to watch it. How do I veiw it.
Thanks

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
It was actually really fun to see and hear a lot of the history presented...and there is so much more!

Doyle stopped at the 1980's....

Still a lot of fun looking and reminiscing about the old days!

FredC

Village Idiot
The link in my email didnt work. It kept taking me to the advertiser.

weird (just confirmed).........not sure what got screwed up there.........hopefully people realized you can copy/paste urls

steve_64

I was tired and was checking emails when I clicked on it so I didnt try anything else.
Just tho just thought youd like to know.

Reactions: FredC

steve_64

Fred you really impress the hell out of me with what you do.
Keep up the gteat work you do here.

FredC

Village Idiot
The best time to notify me there is an issue is definitely after the event. :dejection::dejection:

I could have sent out a partridge whoops email

lekrafft

Doyle,
Great show. Caught it on YouTube.
My original older Powermatic has been converted to natural gas for the engine and is set up inside our garage with outside exhaust so we can us it inside on mats and the like.
My new El Diablo is set up in a older Dodge Sprinter high roof van from Mercedes Benz. Best TM vehicle I have ever had. Its 3 cylinder diesel will run forever and is fuel efficient.
When someone mentioned the 3 way pressure setup on the Powermatic, they seemed to indicate a concern. I never had any. Loved it and still do.
In fact, I installed the 3- way setup on my El Diablo. Bought the parts off a used Powermatic, and made the installation, and we use it all the time. Want 400 psi at the wand with no fiddling around? Just turn the switch and you got it. Setup requires little maintenance and once it is adjusted with the wrench at the individual regulator, you have the exact pressure every time.
Any new TM we might get will have this conversion done to save time and frustration playing with regulators.
I did get some burns off the engine exhaust pipe at the top of the Powermatic, but I added an exhaust pipe extension to the waist high exhaust pipe to solve that midsection fry problem. And I used the same to put the heater exhaust up into the air. If you run a TM, you have to be a little innovative.
Lynn E. Krafft
Krafft Cleaning Service, Inc.
Watertown, NY

Reactions: FredC and Mikey P

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Another advantage of that three way valve is that it requires two pressure regulators, so if one were to fail, just take a wrench and dial in the other one to the correct pressure and keep on cleaning. The Powermatic has other back up features as well to keep you going.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I watched it today in my office and really liked seeing how equipment evolved and especially how some old stuff made a comeback in a modern way, funny part for me was when Doyle said something to the sort a TM manufacturer should test a new machine in the field for a few weeks. Then I guess a certain exchanger unit was not tested enough and should of never been sold.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I really enjoyed the webinar although I didn't watch it live. Doyle, I had the honor of meeting your dad in Burnaby, BC at a Steamway seminar (when we had a steamway distributorship). I currently 2 Steamway mastermatics, 1 I've converted to propane heat, and the other is a 4200 omega and I am trying to restore the kero burner. In western Canada, we have an independent manufacturer who rivals Cleanco and that is J.E.M. manufacturing. Jim Miller is still producing his pto units in Langley BC. His units are some of the hottest and most powerful you have ever seen. He also developed a true dual want unit utilizing 2 blowers. I have used a Zinger, drag wand and currently own a 17 or 18 inch steam brush which I am almost finished restoring. When you mention Australia, some of Gene Bates Big Reds made it over there and are quite popular. I have used a Big Red also and it was awesome except for the waste transfer pump. One of the names missing from the history is a fellow named Truman Doyle from Santa Fe Springs, California. I found a website "the world of positive displacement blowers) or www.roystongroup.com/history.htm, that mentions him using a positive displacement blower for carpet cleaning in 1947. Be nice to see more information about him and his company if anybody knows anything. As to the future of truck mounts, just as we see electric cars and hybrids, can you imagine a hydrogen fuel cell truck mount. Need about 5-10k watts for the cleaning unit and probably 5-7k watts for heat. It can be done but just not economically right not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom