Administrator
I see in the new Interlink catalog that they sell a Densifier chem now

[h=1]Viper Concrete & Stone Densifier[/h] [h=1]Item No. CH50GL[/h]
showimg.php?image=ch50gl.png

showimg.php?image=ch50gl.png

[h=5]
video.png

Product Videos[/h] Video1
[h=4]Lithium Based Concrete & Stone Densifier[/h][h=5]*Not Freeze/Thaw Stable[/h]Viper Concrete & Stone Densifier is ideal for use on softer stones, existing aggregate and concrete of any age. It fills in pores and capillaries in concrete for a smoother surface and to increase surface density to achieve a higher gloss when polishing. Using Viper Concrete & Stone Densifier on concrete before polishing will speed up the results and enhance the resulting shine on the floor. It will also decrease the amount of sealer needed to seal the floor.
Viper Concrete & Stone Densifier is used on polished and non-polished concrete to reduce dusting and wear. On polished concrete surfaces, densifiers help concrete take a higher polish and make the surface less permeable to liquids so less sealer is needed. Densifiers are used on nonpolished concrete mainly to reduce dusting and improve stain resistance. Using Viper Concrete & Stone Densifier on limestone and travertine will allow a higher gloss when followed by polishing or sealing. It is even occasionally used on some marble floors for the same purpose.

• Easy to apply.
  • Penetrates, and cures quickly, usually within an hour.
  • Reduces dusting and wear by hardening surface.
  • Simplifies maintenance by reducing need for topical coating.
  • Makes the surface less permeable to liquids so less sealer is needed.
  • Increases surface density so you can achieve a higher gloss after polishing.

Who has used this or a similar product?

and are the results really noticeable?

Name
Ron lippold
I have we have a real soft travertine that's mined form Belen nm and densifer is the only thing that works on it. Three jobs on the same stone and no problems.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
why would you put it on slate???...

anywho whats the cost per gal??

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I'll talk to Warrington about getting a demo @ M9F

I will look into arranging that, Mike.

The cost is from $39 to $50 per gallon depending upon the quantity purchased ($49.95 in single gallons).

Densifier reacts with calcium in the stone or concrete in a similar way that cement and calcium react during the hydration process for concrete. This new "concrete" fills in some of the voids, pores and capillaries in the concrete or stone.

The difference is not usually enough to see a difference in comparing before and after photos, but it is enough to increase the reading on a gloss meter by several points.

There can be considerable variation in concrete depending upon density, how long it was allowed to hydrate and so forth. In some situations, the increased density can be clearly seen when comparing polished concrete with densifier and polished concrete without densifier.

In any situation, the floor will now require less sealer and because some of the pores are now filled, it will not stain as easily.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea yea, i know all that.....

but never thought about it for slate....

I have used it mostly for polishing concrete after the 400 wet grit, and before i start the dry passes.....

its been a while...but i liked polishing concrete and the few marble jobs i did...very time consuming though..

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
yea yea, i know all that.....

but never thought about it for slate....

I have used it mostly for polishing concrete after the 400 wet grit, and before i start the dry passes.....

its been a while...but i liked polishing concrete and the few marble jobs i did...very time consuming though..

Slate will have little or no calcium for the densifier to react with. So it would not help slate. Densifier can help harden the calcium stones - marble, travertine, limestone.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Slate will have little or no calcium for the densifier to react with. So it would not help slate. Densifier can help harden the calcium stones - marble, travertine, limestone.

it seems somewhere we both misunderstood each other....based on someone throw the word slate out there...

anywho...the problem with putting "sealers" on, as most people have no idea they need special ones... is as you described you have closed off the pores....

now there are special uhhhhh whats the word/phrase i want??? blends from different companies, that act as a sealer/densifier in one... ill see if i still have a few links saved from back in the day when i wanted to do more....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom