Descaling truckmount heating systems

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
I remember "in the day" how much fun it was to descale my truckmount.

I recall one time I dumped muriatic acid straight into my chemical solution tank. After the smoke cleared, I still had a windshield, thankfully. But it was iffy for a while.

I'm looking for comments from you on what you do to make the process easier. Please post your thoughts here or send me your email.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If you don't live in an area with naturally soft water, get a water softener and avoid the hassle and lost time of descaling.

Scott Warrington

Kelly

Yes a water softener is the way to go, especially the kind that mounts as a complete system inside your van. Those kind never leak brine every where, and since they dont leak there is never any sodium burns through the floor and metal of your vans body. Contrary to what you might of heard there is never any crusty salt deposits build up any where around where the system is installed, plus you dont need a drain to drain water into during the recharging stage because they seldom need recharging for several hours at a time. And there is no need to be a scientific genius to determine the state of the charge scince there is a handy meter on the side of the softener tank which alerts you when or if there is a charging malfunction, eliminating the need for those pesky old fashioned paper hard water testing strips. Soft water is cheap, easy, and a whole lot less hassel than descaling your machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom