Devastator wand

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I am thinking about making the switch from the pc ti wand to the devastator. It is hard to spend that kind of cash on something you can't play with.
I'm 6' 1" and I like the length of the ti but the large tube and weight is starting to take it's toll on the body.

Fixed manifold vs adjustable? How many of you adjust these for different types of carpet.

I have no question about the quality of the wand. What are the pros and cons when comparing it to the pc ti.

Thank You

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I know I will love the swivel. I think I'm more concerned about the fit to my height and suction. Before the ti I had a quad and the shortness of the wand killed me, and it was a boat anchor.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
The swivel on the Devastator is the thing... will save you steps and your back as you go under most furniture without moving it. I am 6-2. I loved it the first time I tried it.

Reactions: Nomad74

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
The other thing is after a year I dropped it on the valve...late job and tired... anyway I broke something. I text messaged Tom and I guess he Fed exes me the same evening because the next day I had 2 new valves. One to replace the one I messed up...but got working and another for the van if I got stupid twice. Can't beat that for Customer service.

Reactions: Living The Dream

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I'm 6' 1" and I like the length of the ti but the large tube and weight is starting to take it's toll on the body.
If weight is the issue, you should know that it is heavier (some) than the Ti (if you are talking about Pro-Chem titanium and same width).

Reactions: D Luke

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
What is the upcountry Mikey?

I thought it might be a little lighter with the smaller tube .

I have tennis elbow and it's no fun I'm hoping between the swivel and smaller tube it won't irritate it so bad .

I have been thinking about getting one of those trigger handles like they have on the ergo wand to help.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So if I buy one go with the fixed manifold and save myself $200. If it hurts me then if I keep it I could just charge $20 to clean underneath beds .

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Louis,
Tennis elbow is a hard one to have a answer for, I don't think any wand will honestly help, it is painful.
I can say that my elbow hurt me in my construction days but doesn't bother me now. I would have to say it probably WON'T help.
As far as manifolds I would say you would be happy with the fixed you can still slide them side to side if needed.
The wand is about the same as PC Ti in length.
The Devastator is a little heavier, not much, and most of the weight is head weight, settles on most carpet better, the wand still feels light in the hand due to the weight distribution.
I have never ran a PC Ti so I am only going by what my educated customers are telling me, and that is the Devastator performs better than the legendary PC Ti. So far everyone has been happy that has bought it to my knowledge.
I can also say that some have choose to run a hole glide due to the suction of the wand.
Hope this helps, I also might suggest that if your elbow is seriously bothering you, you may want to think about a rotary or a zipper wand.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I have tennis elbow and it's no fun I'm hoping between the swivel and smaller tube it won't irritate it so bad .
Go to a drug store or a health deparment in the sports section. Look for a strap that is made for tennis elbow, it goes around your forarm to put pressure on the tendon.
It may offer some relief, it helped mine.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Funny thing, my tennis elbow actually came from my construction days when I used to do commercial overhead doors. After I left the industry it stopped hurting . Years later it decided to come back. I wear the strap all the time.

Is the tube on the Devastator a one and a half inch?

If I can make the time I would love to go down and see Davis.

Ron K

The swivel may help under furniture but I will not stick my wand anywhere I can't see. So pushing under a bed that can have artwork, dinning table leaves or even
firearms is not for me. If you have to get on your hands and knees to look.... how is that saving your body? Or do you guys tell the chimp to look? Also my wand gets as far if not farther then the vacuum if they want it cleanI tell them to remove the box and mattress.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I know from experience with both wands.
The ProChem Ti (if it’s glided) is easier on the body than the Devastator.
The increase in air flow on the Dev makes it bite the carpet much harder.
I’m 6’4” , have a bad back, and I’m almost as old asVawter, so the Dev is hard on me.
I put up with it because I’m a better cleaner with the Dev, and it’s reduced my overspray issues to almost nothing.

If Tom doesn’t get off his ass soon, I’m going to hop a bus and stick this 2 inch tube up his ass!

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I will buy the smaller Devastator to improve performance on my portable which I have used twice in the last 12 months. The 14 inch is perfect for me paired to the Saigerized Butler.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I run a 45 blower with a 27 hp Kohler .Lg#3 heater. Going to move up to the #4 soon with the 2,000 PSI.
I like the TI wand but in homes with a lot of crap the swivel would be nice.
Also I always have to go over everything when it's thrashed because the Ti just doesn't flush the middle well.

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
I really enjoyed meeting Tom and Missy in Arizona and his response to this thread is awesome. I know very few merchants who don’t try to push their products onto anyone who asks, whether it suits their needs or not. You’re a good man, Tom.

Reactions: TConway and Nomad74

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I know from experience with both wands.
The ProChem Ti (if it’s glided) is easier on the body than the Devastator.
The increase in air flow on the Dev makes it bite the carpet much harder.
I’m 6’4” , have a bad back, and I’m almost as old asVawter, so the Dev is hard on me.
I put up with it because I’m a better cleaner with the Dev, and it’s reduced my overspray issues to almost nothing.

If Tom doesn’t get off his ass soon, I’m going to hop a bus and stick this 2 inch tube up his ass!
I love it!!! You made me laugh.
Marty my grass is almost ready to be cut. You asked me a week or so ago

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom