Discuss the Groupon Deal Here PLease

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
75 now.....just about every job I"ve scheduled has at least one more thing they need like pet urine, stairs or upholstery.

It's looking well.

Over 1000 hits to my website.

Interesting thing came up while I was speaking with a lady today. She said her husbands Groupons are different from hers. Demo marketing I would guess.

She said sometimes the main deal is listed as the side deal for him and vice versa.

She said the "name a star" came up as the main deal for here....it was the spa thing for me...go figure.
Not sure what her husbands was.
All I know is she scheduled and want way more done.

I'm telling you guys....this is a good thing.....but yes, I'll wait a month to make it closer to "official"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If it's possible to request being a side deal only, I think this could work really well for the O/O.

Any one guy here can handle 100 jobs or so right?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well.....82 bought and about an hour left to buy.

I don't figure there will be much more if any sold.

Very anticlimactic . lol....yeah I know...that's what SHE said.

I'm cool with just the 82...the thought of 1000 scared me some but I was kinda looking forward to it.

I will give my numbers at the end of March.

Thanks for stopping by.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've got 5 jobs scheduled who didn't buy the Groupon but found us through Groupon.

I've got a note on the front page of my website letting all visitors know if they missed the deal, we will still honor the Groupon price.

I just counted 7 Groupon jobs that want tile ...we've scheduled only about 20 jobs so far...kind of weird really. But maybe because it was a weekend deal they are waiting until this week to call.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
84 total.

We scheduled a few more that didn't have Groupons....I figure those will die off soon because the deal is gone.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Luis Gomez said:
Brian, do you get the money from groupon up front?
Or do you have to wait until the jobs are done?
Luis

I have to redeem the codes in the computer as soon as I can get them....usually over the phone.

Thirty days after the Groupon day, they mail me a check for all the redemptions.

Last time they just waited 15 days after the Groupon day and THEN 30 days after that.

So the plan is to redeem as many as I can as soon as possible to cover my costs.

I've redeemed only about 20 of them thus far.

Edit...the last time they mailed me a check at the 15 day mark and then 30 days after that and THEN 30 after that was the final payment.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Luis Gomez said:
So, what happens to the money if someone does not redeem their coupon?
Since you do not have a code for those.
Luis

That was part of the other Groupon discussion.

Used to be I (or whatever company) would get it.

But Groupon changed it so we have to redeem them now....Soooo Groupon keeps the money if they don't use.

Some might think that's not right but I don't worry too much about it.

Marc Imbesi

Brian R said:
[quote="Luis Gomez":3n44zr5j]So, what happens to the money if someone does not redeem their coupon?
Since you do not have a code for those.
Luis

That was part of the other Groupon discussion.

Used to be I (or whatever company) would get it.

But Groupon changed it so we have to redeem them now....Soooo Groupon keeps the money if they don't use.

Some might think that's not right but I don't worry too much about it.[/quote:3n44zr5j]

They should split that with you, too....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You know I didn't think of that Marc.

Maybe....just maybe....the Groupons sold that don't get redeemed after a year they will give me my cut.

I'll check into that.

I was just assuming the worst I guess.

Thanks for waking me up a little.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I bought my father inlaw 1.5 hrs in a Ferrari last fall from steam motor sports for $149 now they have a groupon for half hour for $99 with a value of $274 64% off. It seems that you have to scam the public into thinking they are getting a deal.

You have to be a salon or a Bait and Switch

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Maybe they raised their prices and THEN did a 64% off deal. Not raising their prices for the sake of the deal.

Why does it have to be a conspiracy?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
watch it Ken. Should I apologize for being close with my family? The guy is pretty cheap so I do try to buy him luxury items as presents

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Had a person return a Groupon. They bought one in Quinlan TX and that is outside of our "Groupon service area"

We offered to come out for a trip charge but they said no.

So it's 83 now instead of 84.

Should we have just gone out?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Yes, with caveat that I don't know exactly how far that is. It is always better in my opinion to take a little for a customer to build the relationship, especially if it was a simple goof like that.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I hate to profile but it just seemed like a "groupon only" job and yes it would have been a waste of time to travel that far.

Oh well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doing my first referral from a Groupon job. Whoo hoo!

3027 sqft house with a clean and restretch.

This is from one that I cleaned. I've really been pushing the referral aspect....gently of course !gotcha! ...but they know about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom