"Do Acid Rinses Cause Browning?"

Name
Nate W.
Nate do people run dehumidifiers over there or is the humidity level just something everyone deals with? I'd think you'd have constant problems with mold. ???

Some people do in there closets.... You have those who have climate controlled houses (AC all day) and those who open the windows.... Our humidity isn't that bad, (at least not to me, born and raised here) but Guam on the other hand is nasty..... Walk out the airport and my slippers we're sticking to my feet......

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
We do take off the covers and wrap the cushion in a trash bag, put cover back on, prespray-clean-dry.... Take bag off the cushion a day later... The good thing for us is most of the time we get the cushions back in-plant and can take the appropriate steps (not rushed on the job site) to correct the problem...
Not always practical Nate. And most of us clean on location.
Also when taking the cover off the foam/down cushions, one takes the risk of damaging the zipper. Some of these zippers are not made to last. So there's always risk, no matter what.

Again, we always hear and emphasize all the potential disasters. And of course, it is important to know in advance what to look for, be cautious of and how to adjust the cleaning technique.

However, by now, I've possibly cleaned hundreds of pieces with down filling and so far never had an issue. So Scott's advise is a good one.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Back
Top Bottom