Do we really have ANY business getting the wet?

FredC

Village Idiot
  • "Step 1: Pull up carpet.
  • Step 2: Remove affected pad.
  • Step 3: Clean back of carpet.
  • Step 4: Treat floor with an enzyme treatment.
  • Step 5: Seal floor if needed with an odor barrier.
  • Step 6: Treat back of carpet with enzyme treatment.
  • Step 7: Install new tack strip.
  • Step 8: Install new pad.
  • Step 9: Re-install carpet.
  • Step 10: Clean carpet.
  • Step 11: Topically apply enzyme."
:oldrolleyes:
DSC00485Small.jpg

DSC00484Small.jpg

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We will clean it if the customer fully understands that this will do very little and will smell very bad until it dries well. There is no guarantee for anything and this is just raise the overall living conditions while the culprit is still going to reside at the premises.

If the pet is no longer in the house, we straight recomend replacement and clean of the subsurface before replacement.

Reactions: Mikey P

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I have a customer or two that are just waiting for their pets to die. They arnt ready to put them down but their pets have medical issues just like old people do. So they would like me to flush it out yearly until the freeking dog/cat dies and then they can replace the carpet. Untill the pet dies it doesnt make sense to replace the carpet.

Chris A

Name
Chris
We just completed a job that looked like that on a concrete subfloor. We removed the pad and carpet, cleaned the concrete and sealed and I still felt like I could smell a faint whiff of pee. It was a learning experience for sure

steve_64

i didnt realize you were talking about the urine specifically.

i see this often and its usually folks who cant afford to have it done right. which in my opinion is pull it all out including the subfloor and replace everything, even the carpet. the subfloor has probably been damaged from the moisture so just pull it. why try and clean the carpet, just replace it. unless its concrete of course.

i have cleaned so many of these i cant count em all. they know its just to make it better not "fix" the problem.
soak it with OSR or similar product and get it dry as fast as possible. follow up with molecular modifier to help control what odor i missed. most of the customers are very happy to have "some" improvement.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Not a fan of the rat nasty type of pictures. The pics of specific problems like red stain or removing candle wax are the best IMO.

steve_64

i still remember the customer who grilled me on cleaning nasty homes. he set me up, and as i was prespraying and got the hoses wet he said"oh, thats how you keep the hoses clean". :hopeless:

customers do think of these things. they worry about cross contamination.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And that's why you don't prevacuum ANY home that has pets.
Besides blowing all of that piss odor thru your vacuum , just think of the next home you bring it into.

And to be fair Mikey you should have asked Lisa if you could use pics of her house. You know all of those PUGS pissing all over and her walking bare foot everyday...............then hopping into bed.......................with all of that PISS on her beefy callused feet.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
You almost need 2 vacuums and 2 grooming brooms - one pair dedicated to homes with pets and one for homes without.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ya but then you're just infecting one pet toilet with another pet toilets pee, oh the humanity!

Name
Lee Stockwell
We had to do one room in a condo that had been used to confine a dog for some time. Carpet was special and couldn't be matched.

We pulled the carpet, cut at doorway. Hung it over a cable outside at the shop and powerwashed both sides for almost an hour until the fecal shower turned clear for several minutes.

Pulled and bagged pad. Scrubbed and Kilzed the floor and tackstrip. New pad.

Reinstalled carpet.

Told the guy up front $300, (grossly underbid we felt afterward). It looked, felt, and smelled new, better than the rest of the place, but he still grumbled.

Won't do it again....at any price.

Reactions: steve_64
Name
Lee Stockwell
NOW you tell me.

Jason told me at the start of the job to just walk away, or at least take it to the dump.

However it WAS educational, because the carpet LOOKED great after just "cleaning" with a truckmount. It gradually got worse from there as it wicked poo, ...wickedly.

I know you cannot really clean such a carpet completely on location. We are delusional if we think we can.

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
Thats exactly what I did !! Along with flooding under the claw before dropping it on the spot.
That's why you had the impressions.. The water from your truck mount was too hot! Not all carpet will do it, but I had a problem once with some polyester.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
She was going to replace the carpet but decided to give it one more clean. So it was a good thing she didn't care .. it didn't really stand out too bad and it was in a dark crowded family room - dark blue carpet. What temp would be safe?

We're you able to fix it or were the impressions permanant?

Thanks !!

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
She was going to replace the carpet but decided to give it one more clean. So it was a good thing she didn't care .. it didn't really stand out too bad and it was in a dark crowded family room - dark blue carpet. What temp would be safe?

We're you able to fix it or were the impressions permanant?

Thanks !!
Well, steamers can even distort cheap carpet.. You don't need blazing hot water, but you want it on the hot side. At 180 I would say you won't have a problem.

I cleaned the one I screwed up 3 years ago, 2 weeks ago and I can't tell a bit. It is good for you, and I that it was a cheap lesson!

Reactions: Spurlington

Mikey P

Administrator
And that's why you don't prevacuum ANY home that has pets.
Besides blowing all of that piss odor thru your vacuum , just think of the next home you bring it into.

And to be fair Mikey you should have asked Lisa if you could use pics of her house. You know all of those PUGS pissing all over and her walking bare foot everyday...............then hopping into bed.......................with all of that PISS on her beefy callused feet.

I think she went all concrete.

Or hope so

For the love of mike..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom