do you get respect from fellow CC's

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i did a job today that i was doing the tile at and another cleaning company came in and was cleaning the carpet with two little porties. and i had my truckforce 3500 setup and the water otter with tile tools running. And you would think that they had never seen anything like it before. they asked tons of questions and from what i felt,they respected me.

how many of you run into other carpet cleaners that look down on you or mess with you?

Able 1

Name
Keith
When I pull out the 2.5 how can I not get respect! These guy's rubberneck to see it! As they drive away wondering if only my hose was that big... I would satisfy all my custy's!! :D

Yeah, I know. :roll:

hogjowl

Idiot™
With the exception of the couple I have helped out, I am mainly ignored by my competition. I take that as a compliment ... as I prefer to believe they intentionally don't look my way out of jealousy. Just today, I pulled up next to a ServPro van at a red light. Now, you know they had to have noticed me in that huge V, and since it is the first, and only V in my market, they surely wanted to look.

They both ignored me, but didn't flip me the bird ... so I figure they respected me ...

Or, I am invisible. :?

Mr.V

i get along with most of the competition

hard not to sound conceited but............

cuz they know I'm GOOD

Rex Tyus

C&S said:
i did a job today that i was doing the tile at and another cleaning company came in and was cleaning the carpet with two little porties. and i had my truckforce 3500 setup and the water otter with tile tools running. And you would think that they had never seen anything like it before. they asked tons of questions and from what i felt, respected me.

how many of you run into other carpet cleaners that look down on you or mess with you?

Let me get this straight. You were cleaning the tile and grout with a porty and a water otter and the "other" cleaner came in with two porties to clean the carpet and they were disrespectful?

Maybe they thought they were superior because they had TWO porties instead of just one?

The other locals in my area either like me or fear me. 8)

TimP

I think you're alright Rex as long as you stay north of blountstown. :lol:

I certainly don't fear you. Kinda hard to worry too much when I have family that does new floor installations and when doing the estimate and in the customers home tells them they need to get their carpet cleaned and books jobs for you. :shock:

Spurling

Ive been referred and highly recommended by 2 different competetors .. 1 of them I think didnt want to do the job ..the other company doesnt do tile-n-grout .. we refer area rugs and fine fabrics to another reputible company ..

the way I look at things .. we all have the same interest .. we would have alot to talk about ..we should be upset with ourselves for not marketing properly .. not mad at our competetors for getting the jobs we want .. being that we target high end clients, we really have very few competetors .. we have 2 companies which we compete against .. everyone else caters to the price shoppers .. so I always wave with a smile or engage in conversation with other companies at the supply house .. alot of them are actually pretty cool .. like most of you board members..

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Had a local carpet retailer with a Mohawk carpet cleaning setup. Fixed his equipment when it needed it. He went out of business and sends all of his past customers to us. Did his dads house last month. :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you worry about what other carpet cleaners think of you, you might not better yourself in fear of what they might think of you.

TimP

I can't say I'd want anyones package. :| :!:

And only my wife is privy to my package...... :shock:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
no i'm not worried about what other cc's think. just nice to be respected.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think Tim must be looking over his shoulder, cuz nobody mentioned him while talking about packages.

Time to come out of the closet, Tim?

TimP

Why are you asking marty? Are you looking for fresh meat?

And since you asked Marty I'm quite happy with my wife. In other words I've never been in a closet to come out.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I donno if they respect me or not.
I've been told so by others.
However, that and a buck will get me a cup of coffee

One of my local mentors that "I" respect refers his over load to us exclusively.
That's far more valuable

..L.T.A.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Jeremy said:
I'd give Brian my package anytime....
:lol:

On another note I don't think its respect because every time we get a low ball window shopper or a real small job I give this other guys number out. I have even given out his home number in the middle of the night to a lady that wanted a coffee spot removed from a chair.

No respect :lol:

G

Well; funny things happen; like the SS guys; they crack me up; guy comes up to me at an apartment complex and ask me to loan him my crevice tool; I ask for what; we have a spot that we can't get out so we're gonna try all tools and a water claw; I reply; use my spotter instead; if it doesn't work come and get me; guy come back 30 minutes later and says please tell me what that is; I reply, "Experience"!!!

The guys just says Right On and smiles.

That kid thought I was the cats meow; every once and a while I see him in the yellow van and he waves with a knod; almost feels like he bows to me!!

Able 1

Name
Keith
To tell you the truth I don't care what the other CCer's think it's what my custy thinks and how THEY respect me is all I care about..

V

vegijohn

recently I pulled up in My Vortex to a job where two guys were loading a portable into their unmarked van at the house next door. I opened up the side door exposing the Vortex and those guys couldn't get out of there fast enough. I love seeing other CC eye's pop out when they see the V.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The big truck can be an intimidating piece of hardware.

You'll not believe this but I was/am known as the vacuum nut around here. :D

Oddly enough, I showed a cleaner how my vacuum works and it blew him away. He never knew there was THAT much in the carpet.
I think most of the top cleaners in town respect me. I'll get referals from them, mostly because they don't want to drive the 35-40 minutes to my location. I talk to any cleaner I meet, refer them to the board, tell them about all the latest tweaks. I'll help anyone that asks.
The low ballers just think I'm charging too much and tell people they can do the same job in less time and for half the price.
Its a good rep to have. He's good but expensive.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Well; funny things happen; like the SS guys; they crack me up; guy comes up to me at an apartment complex and ask me to loan him my crevice tool; I ask for what; we have a spot that we can't get out so we're gonna try all tools and a water claw; I reply; use my spotter instead; if it doesn't work come and get me; guy come back 30 minutes later and says please tell me what that is; I reply, "Experience"!!!

The guys just says Right On and smiles.

That kid thought I was the cats meow; every once and a while I see him in the yellow van and he waves with a knod; almost feels like he bows to me!!

some more secret sauce I guess :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom