Do you have spare blower belts onboard?

Mikey P

Administrator
If not get some tomorrow.

Don't pull a Mike and bust your worn out, should have been replaced a 2000 hours ago belts in your clients drive way.

Thanks to Eric Schofield for showing up five minutes latter to help my finish a tile job.

Do you have local cleaner friends who you can count on to bail you out? If not get a couple of those tomorrow as well.

Also thanks to Shawn York and Blueline for making sure I'll have 3 fresh belts on my porch by 9am tomorrow as well.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
I keep my old belts to use as back-ups.

Or how about a spare upholstery tool for when your Prochem Tool's internal solution hose pops off of the fitting while cleaning the last cushion.

Rex Tyus

I do carry extra belts on the truck.

After I had to drive back to my shop on day because of a similar incident.

I also now have a local cleaner friend to help me out in a jam. It is amazing the things we take for granted until we can't.

FastEddie

I used to carry multiple sets of belts during my Liquifouler belt eating days. Now I'm down to one spare set. I can't believe I'm going on over 3 months on a set of belts.

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
Prochem 405 Belts

Blower belts good for 4-5 thousand hours here. I changed them once in 6K, Plus there is two ,so if one breaks I can finish hopefully

Does the V have two ??

I think it does, You had one take the other out, I

bet

Vince

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The belts on mine take too long to replace to be able to do on the fly. I try to replace potential problem parts on a regular basis to eliminate the chance of failure during a job.

G

When I bought my truck, I ordered spare blower and pump belts. You should also have pump and blower oil, extra quick disconnects, fittings, antifreeze and many other things.

We check our belts weekly. I used to race go karts and won many races because competitors broke chains. You can either inspect on a regular basis or be inconvenienced in the customers driveway.

Did you replace the fuel filter on the truck yet Mike? You should install a fuel pressure gauge. I have one and all of a sudden the Vacuum pressure went up quite a bit. I changed the fuel filter and it reads normal now. If I didn't have the gauge I could have had a problem.

Dave

G

I was in hardware store recently and saw a "link belt". I told the the guy I thought those were temporary kind of like the spare tire in your car thats supposed to be good for 50 miles or so. He disagreed and said they will hold up as well as a regular belt.

Do any of you guys have any experience with this kind of belt?

Jeff

45063.gif

Attachments

• 45063.gif
    45063.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 104

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
A while back some guys on the red board were talking about these. They said they had used them with good results. I haven't been able to find out what the horsepower rating on them is. They are called Power-Twist belts made by Fenner Drives.

Matt King

There's a guy by Waldo who just finished a 59 pto who's going to run those belts.. I'm going to keep an update on how they work out for him. He said he has about 350 bucks into belts for the whole drive system. I've seen them on display at Motion Industries here in town and they look pretty trick. No blower or tensioner adjustments necessary with these. Fenner has some cool products..

Greenie

I've got those on the shelf right now.

I'm not sure about driving a blower, but they are much stronger than they look, we always just used em for driving the pump cause the blower was direct coupled.

Actually looking back, I would feel comfortable driving a 47 with them, if i had 2 or 3 groove sheave.

They are awesome belts, and when they "blow" it's just ONE link that gives, you can be back in action in 60 seconds with a spare link.
ALso one length of power twist can serve a variety of belt replacements.

You also don't need any tools to replace a belt, they just roll on to a pulley after being sized, there is some technique to it, but it's easy.

After running a brand new belt or belts fora week or so, remove a link and reassemble, this takes the stretch out after they break in.

They are always red, and I'm not sure why we don't see more of them in our industry, except they are more expensive initially.

If you need one, just hollar, I bought a box of 25' awhile back, just know your length.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Yup,plus got the belts changed last tuesday...

Blower and pump oil and lube 2...

R

R W

Just bought the 3 drive belts, and the pump and pumpout belts for the Genesis. About $70 for the bunch, from an industrial supplier. The drive belts are supposed to be a matched set. They are sitting in the shop, be cause they would be a bear to change on the road, on a hot machine.

My originals have about 2500 hours on them, and were retightened once.

Becker

Name
Becker
When I changed out engines I did not have the pulleys alined.

I was popping a belt every 100 hours.

Got that fixed and all is well.

Before that I got 3000 hours on a belt.

I know carry a spare. as well as a pump belt.

Nice thing about my machine. I can change both belts in about 7 mins. Hot or cold.

GRHeacock

The original belts on my machine would last a couple thousand hours.

I don't remember who suggested it, but I began to buy them at a garden tractor and small implement store, and these lasted a lot longer. Years and years.

Seems there is a big difference in belts.

And yes, I always carried spares, although I would not change until one broke. Easy to change on my machine, hot or cold.

Gary

LeeCory

I now always have belts on hand.

It is difficult to replace the belts on my Genesis and the first time it took me about 4 hours... lol. I have figured it out now and can do it in 20 minutes now.

With this machine you can either make it really hard, or you can make it really easy.

The trick is in how you loosen the bolt. First off you take off the air filter so you have room to get behind the machine. Then you take your wrench and loosen the bolt a few turns till it gets loose. Then reach down and turn it with your fingers till you can pull it all the way back and hit the waste tank... takes a couple minutes. Then just go in back, loosen the 4 bolts on the blower and pull the whole thing back.......

Two things that make a big difference.... take off the air filter, and instead of using a wrench making mini turns because of bad positioning, just reach down and do it with your fingers. If you don't do this, it will take hours.

Just replaced them last week.

Back
Top Bottom