Do you own a 175 Rotary floor swing buffer machine?

Do you own a 175 Rotary floor swing buffer machine?

• Yes, yes I do!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
when I was a Millers hack I bought my first so that I could actually "Pre Condition" the carpet and not just add Prell to my tank...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The one I currently use I bought for 5 bucks at a school auction over 10 years ago.

That thing has made a ton of money!!

John Buxton

I bought one for commercial and it rocks! It's amazing how dirty the bonnets are when you think it's clean.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Got a 21 incher sitting in my shop. never used. Old, probably eats as much energy as a whole house.

With proper pre-treat, extreme heat, flow and vacuum, I've never had the need. If I do pre-scrub, it is with my ProCaps machine.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
175/300 rpm keep it on the truck.

It really looks bad when cleaners use a beat up old buffer to your customers.

Get a newer one.

image is everything.

don't look like a janitor

T

Tile Professional

I got two.
Nothing can make you more money on a $100 investment than a 175.

Pre-scrub carpet
Encap
Strip and wax
Spray Buff
Bonnet clean
Sand wood floors
Polish concrete
Crystallize Marble
Scrub Tile and grout

Chris A

Name
Chris
I dont. Ive used the pad driver on my rx for pre scrubbing a few times but usually just use the sebo for a prescrubber

I have a 56 lbs Hawk 13" belt drive for scrubbing carpet with a Liberty brush/glide. I have a Mercury that runs 320 rpms as well as 175 rpms. Has 13" 17" and 21" aprons, pad drivers for all, shampoo tank and 50 lbs of extra weights... the best $1300 I spent in this biz so far.

John Buxton

You really should try a 19" cotton bonnet on a 17" 175 sometime after you've cleaned a commercial carpet. It is amazing how much soil you've left and it will dry much faster.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I'm using the Square scrub lately.

However, i did get a couple quick pics of this POS powr-flyte getting run over by a front end loader at the dump.

IMAG0144-2.jpg

IMAG0143-1.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Got a 21 incher sitting in my shop. never used. Old, probably eats as much energy as a whole house.
Sell it to someone that does in-plant rug cleaning or had vast amounts of commercial carpet to encap. It's too big to be worth the trouble on most jobs.

Oh, the old ones are the best, unless you're willing to pay $1,500+ for your rotary. anything under $600 is disposable.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Mardie I carry both and the 175 is much faster, especially for large areas. The OP has a different motion that uniquely digs in.

S

sam miller

Mikey P said:
when I was a Millers hack I bought my first so that I could actually "Pre Condition" the carpet and not just add Prell to my tank...

Ya or spray ultrapac and use a carpet brush or grandi groomer.

I remember guys like Dave Phelps and other using B105 carpet shampoo from Prochem that stuff worked but foamed like mad. I hated it.

Hack thats funny seeing as though You use a Ti wand on stairs! Just kidding.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have a 17" Clark that chould be as old as me may outlive me.

I also have a 13" Hild that I put on the chimps truck to scrub out nasty rentals. 13” is the ideal size for scrubbing residential but to light for post pading.

Are you a hack if you don’t have a 175? Maybe.
If a 175 is the only carpet cleaning equipment you have, you’re defiantly a hack.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
bought one with some used equipment, gave it to my church for them to buff their floors.
I never got into cleaning vinyl, stripping and waxing etc. I could see the use for it with that work.
Never got into padding carpet, don't even like using my RX20 though I used it exclusively for several months when I bought my first TM (came with the TM) It did do a better job (somewhat) than the old wand I was using, esp on the polyprop commercial loop when it was loaded with soil. Wand left it streaky. THAT would have been a job for the 175 and a pad.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
nothing shears soil off a fiber better than a heavy rotary with aggressive pads
(Cimex would be in the same class)

a CRB doesn't come close .
they'll dig more crud out obviously , but they don't shear soil off the fiber as well...period

..l.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i got a 21" that only gets used to buff out a few laminate jobs....

that fooker is to big for a house....

and if its commercial that needs scrubbed....well i got a cimex for that

i would love a CRB of some sort, and maybe a orbot or something like

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom