Do you own a copy of the IICRC Standards?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Yes. I find them valuable for reference. In the past, they have proved helpful in court to show that water damage and carpet cleaning procedures used were the industry standard. That made S100 and S500 very valuable.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Honestly have no idea what the "standard" even is for carpet cleaning but what does it say anyway?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Honestly have no idea what the "standard" even is for carpet cleaning but what does it say anyway?
It says if it's fuzzy clean it, if its a hard surface scrub it! LIKE!

Its a best practices document, what should be expected with professional carpet cleaning. Yet the vast majority of our industry has yet to see the inside of the book, even though it's the standard that we are all ultimately accountable to. I've seen Jimmy naked

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i've got an S001 that i bought years ago. never used it, idk if it is even relevant anymore. i keep it in my "office" (leather briefcase) with my tablet PC. i feel very ethical carrying it around...maybe i could be on a top-1000 list :?:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's great a dated standard is better than no standard.

Don't get rid of it either, should you ever get called into court for past work you can show them what the standard WAS at the time and not be judged for what it is currently.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It's funny I get at least 3 calls a year from cleaners asking me to help them because they are being sued or suing someone in small claims court. They always ask if I could make a copy of the standards for them. I say sure you it is only $XX..

The other thing is I get called at least monthly about the WRT standards to make sure they are doing things right. They never want to buy them as they only do water damage occasionally. It blows me away when professionals don't act like professionals. You should own and have read every reference guide/standard in regards to your industry.

Lawyers get paid not for what they know but for knowing how to find the answers to their questions. I can assure you any lawyer that ends up coming after you will have a copy of the standards.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree John, I've talked to more than a few that state "According to your standards..." . I think it's used against us more that for us. KMA!

Why do you suppose guys don't buy it and read it?

I personally feel EVERY registrant should have a copy in each field they are certified in. You get certified you should get a CD with the standards. It should also be made available for viewing online at no charge all you yahoos that are not IICRC certified. eat yor heart out Werner :lol:

You want to raise the level of knowledge in the industry, then this would have a lot more value than some NASA designation on your equipment proving your machine can remove more fake soil than the next guy.

What good are standards that only the top 1% know about? -sniff

The only real value is when the masses embrace it and actually clean per the standards. hey now

Where is my Braveheart kilt? eat shit!

braveheartpic22.jpg

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Whats the IICRC? :lol:

The Standards whould be good to have for a dedicated restoration company.

Otherwise, it's overpriced toilet paper.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Chester said:
I agree, Mel Gibson is an Aussie who also doesn't have much underneath the kilt.

Where is my Braveheart kilt? eat shit!

braveheartpic22.jpg

He never raised the standard, but I have both the US & Aussie ones.

The US ones were out before the Aussie ones were made-up.

(I'm also a shocking reader of paper weights). yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Well, would it help if I said, "I never PAID for them" yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Cartangry.gif

(I'm also a shocking reader of paper weights).

Oz lingo for I never read 'em. yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

hey Marty, blow me I've seen Jimmy naked KMA!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've seen Jimmy naked
those opinions expressed in the preceding post may or may not be shared by this poster, no matter how dead on balls accurate it maybe. eat shit!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Chester, please change your name.

it reminds me of Chester the Molester. I've seen Jimmy naked

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And to think that I used to tell my kids:
- "Work hard, eat healthy, don't buy non serial numbered guns from Larry and stay abstinent and you too may grow to be Sir Rich Chavez." I've seen Jimmy naked

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Yes I do and just this past week I was carrying them (the S-500) around so If I needed to refer to them on a church water damage job I had (yes the one I called you about Richard) I could open them up for the adjuster. I also had pages written down for quicker reference on this one.

By the way, the adjuster showed up again, saw the extra damage and also agreed finally after talking to their water damage experts, that sheet rock being wet for over 15 days should be torn out....Yeah!!!

Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom