Do you use a chiropractor and your thoughts on effectiveness?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Moving and work has made me snarly.

After trying for two years I finally sold my house.

And moving next month to a trailer park down the street.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I couldn't sell mine if I wanted to but will some day .

I'll hang on to it for another 5-6 years and see if I can get any of my money back out of it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Our trailer was parked out front facing the interstate so we moved it back further in the park next to a more scenic drainage ditch.
We now can see deer drinking from it in the evening.

Reactions: Bryan S. Bennett

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I grew up with a Dad that had major back problems, and no chiropractor could ever really do any real effects on my dad's back so I never really believed in them, till I was sitting a stop light and got slammed by a guy doing 60. After the insurance chiroprick got done scamming my insurance I found a guy by the name of Pazdel in Suisun City, Ca. back when we lived there, I was on the floor due to a neck spaz and I couldn't get up, my wife got me in the car and took me to him.... No Joke latter that day I was at the Rockville mountain bike park and did my 25 mile ride. That day made me a believer.
I think for some it works great but only if its not to the point surgery is needed to correct it. Now that my dad is up here living in Shingle Town he wants me to take him down to Pazdel for a adjustment.

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
I have a friend with back problems and said a chiro saved his life. Now over the years his back has degraded to a point where his doctor wants him to not use a chiro since his bones are so brittle. He doesn't use them anymore but still swears to this day how chiro helped him. My friend is very opionated so when he says it helped him tremendously it has to work.

For me personally I am still having slight irritation in my neck but it is much bettter for sure. Headed out to my third appt this am.

Lars

Name
Lars
Yeah once you hear your spine snap back in place to where it's suppose to be you feel like a new man again!
And for $30 can't go wrong!
I don't know how they make any money sometimes

Connor

Name
Connor
Yeah once you hear your spine snap back in place to where it's suppose to be you feel like a new man again!
And for $30 can't go wrong!
I don't know how they make any money sometimes
They run through people at 4-6 people hour at 45-65 a pop.

I'm a jerk.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I used to see a chiro every month, haven't been in over 2 yrs now. He got me working the curve in my neck, to avoid the head forward condition he called Nintendo neck.
But I've seen them through the years, always helped. Mine was more for upperback/shoulderblade area issues

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I grew up with a Dad that had major back problems, and no chiropractor could ever really do any real effects on my dad's back so I never really believed in them, till I was sitting a stop light and got slammed by a guy doing 60. After the insurance chiroprick got done scamming my insurance I found a guy by the name of Pazdel in Suisun City, Ca. back when we lived there, I was on the floor due to a neck spaz and I couldn't get up, my wife got me in the car and took me to him.... No Joke latter that day I was at the Rockville mountain bike park and did my 25 mile ride. That day made me a believer.
I think for some it works great but only if its not to the point surgery is needed to correct it. Now that my dad is up here living in Shingle Town he wants me to take him down to Pazdel for a adjustment.

Important point here.

Not all Chiro's are equal.
There are many different modalities to Chiropractic, and many different philosophies.

Some strictly use only their hands and simple tools to manipulate joint fixations, where others may include treatment like electrical stimulation.

One of my best friends is a hands-only Chiropractor.

As an example, he explained to me how electrical stimulation treatments can basically overload and "fry" a nerve group, and only seem to be effective because they eventually deaden the nerve sensitivity, and should rarely be used except in extreme circumstances, and it is overused by most because it is another BILLABLE service that is accepted by most insurance carriers.

While Md's spend half their education being courted by the pharmaceutical companies, and learning how to treat individual symptoms of disease by attacking innate body functions using toxic drugs, scalpels and hatchets, Chiropractors are spending twice the amount of time learning strictly about body function and the marvels of the human body's ability to heal itself.

His adjustments would be so intense sometimes, I would walk out feeling like I just popped a Qualude.

I have yet to find anyone else that can do what he was able to do since he moved away.

Point being, much like the "What's your favorite pre-spray" discussion, every Chiropractor and everyones situation and results will be different from everyone else's.

Big believer here.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Emmitt Smith, NFL all time rushing leader, had his chiropractor on the sidelines every game throughout his career. Kept his skeleton in alignment with adjustments several times per game. Emmitt swears that was the reason he had such a long career in the NFL.
Ha also had a massage & acupuncture team as well. Did all 3 religiously. I'm a huge Dallas fan and read Emmitt's auto

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Okay here it is........drum roll please....... He 100% fixed me. I attended his scheduled appts for the first 2.5 weeks (although he wanted more appts) I decided then to go a week or two without, now I feel better than before the fall. No electrolysis treatment, just hands and some use of the table manipulation.

I can honestly say no pain and I started back cleaning 1.5 weeks ago.

This work can take a toll on our bodies, working various muscles. I remember using a crb the the first time, felt like I needed a shoulder arm replacement and knee surgery after 3500 sf.

My experience is every tool we have works muscles differently and can be a killer next day to the muscles we never use. To compensate I think we change our posture and then it starts to affect us.

Hmmmm, why do we use a glide? Or a soft touch valve?

BECAUSE ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO TO AVOID THE CHIRO!!!!

Back
Top Bottom