do you wash your van

steve r

with only high pressure(touchless) or do you use the soft clothe?

ill use both but the clothe wash works the best i think and it costs twice as much.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I use old cotton OP pads for car-wash rags and towels.

Be gentle on vinyl lettering. It scratches easily.

TimP

I wash it with a bucket o meggiars car wash detergent and a car wash brush. Rinse it off scrub on the juice and rinse off the juice and wipe it dry. Looks great when done and I can go a good while before it "looks dirty". Sometimes I have to spot clean with citrus gel to get some grease stains out.

Name
Jesse
Interim: Prespray, high pressure rinse, low pressure ro water final rinse, air dry. If done 2-3 times per week no scrubbing is required and the vehicles look clean.

1x per month same system with a soft scrub after the prespray.

We never use the drive through (except starbucks).

GRHeacock

The pressure wash gun I had did not get the van as clean as a cloth or a brush.

That said, about half the time I used a bucket and car wash brush in my driveway, and half the time I went through the car wash.

One reason I did the car wash was it did the best job on the tires and wheels, plus it was at a gas station I frequently got my gas, so was convenient.

Gary

dallasdj

Around here we have some sort of car wash war going on, these new really nice drive-thrus with attendant and all started a exterior only wash for $7, now some of the same ones are $3...great but I don't see how they stay business.

The Preacher

now if Tim would git the dents fixed where he hit another car backing outta the bar (he's also an installer ya know) he'd almost be professional!!!

LOL

TimP

There ain't no dents in my van buddy nor do I drink. My van ain't set up for installing anyhow. I bet it looks better than yours being a 2007 :wink: . I only know how to install because I've been in that business for like 8-9 years mostly in sales and my in laws started their business installing. And if anyone knows how installers are you would know you would have to install some when they decide to skip town or just not show up because they don't feel like it. Anyhow I don't do it by myself (not enough money in it for one man). Last week we installed almost 2000 sq ft of vct, 620 yds of cgd carpet, cove base trim for all of it, transtions, and moved the furniture (all of this for schools). We did it with 5 men. Our installers couldn't do a job like that so we did it. And I now have got a foot hold in cleaning the schools too. I have 2,000 sq ft to do next week and I if I remember right 1500 the next week and if I do a good job I may get more.

Back
Top Bottom