Does anyone really clean with a Gecko Tile wand?

Mikey P

Administrator
We had some slate to rinse today after a good Oxy Blasting and GLSing..

My arm was hurting bad so I had my tech rinse the floor with my sad but true Gecko tool..

I assume I do the same thing but watching my 6.5 helper use the Gecko was an eye opener.. He had to bend over at a 45º angle ( and stay there) to keep this thing moveing correctly...

Who designs this crap anyways?

gekko.jpg

The wand needs another foot or more for anyone over 4 feet tall...

I put some lips on my Cobber wand and had him finsih the job...Worked fine.

John Watson

Ain't it a shame, you tall suckas gotta duck for the dinining room hanging light too, don't ya. Us who are shorter in stature get under 90% of them lights with out ducking and the Gecko works fine. Bitch bitch bitch cause you are tall, and to think I used to wear elevator shoes.

Greg Loe

take it to a welding shop. Took an old wand I have and had it chopped in to a stair tool.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use it mostly for cutting in, but it also works for stubborn areas. It is a small tool, you need a smaller guy.

Kind of a rigged valve, you know the game, put garbage together and sell it to carpet cleaners as the next best thing! Suckers like me keep buying it. :evil:

IMG_0057.jpg

Alan Meter

You think this model is bad, you should have tried the Ghekko with the trigger handle underneath the wand. That was a real nightmare. The top handle design in much better. The squeege head really sucks down to the floor. I like the brush head better. Especially for doing VCT stripping.

G

I have the old style with the handle below the tube. I love it because I can get a better angle when going underneath kicks. I tried the new style, hated it. I use the single jet for cutting, 4jet brush head for smaller areas or to pre-vac the nasties. I've been doing grout long enough to remember doing whole floors with the single jet "viper" from Mark Markovic, the inventor. Can you imagine.......streak city! Like anything else, once you get used to using it, you will love it.

slowmo

Greenie

Even a standard wand is a pretty long wand here, we're quite fond of actually selling the right sized tools.

You might be surprised to know that UPS shipping has more to do with the size determination of your tools than R & D does...

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Mike, you must be one of those guys I see driving in a small car, when they take a left turn half their body is hanging out the window as they lean into the turn. lol

UPS and their oversized packaging is a bunch of bs. They will snap out of it when DHL starts kicking their asses.

gmaupin

I have had to clean 300sf of tile with the gecko when my rotary tool took a shit on me out on me it was the worst thing ever but i did get the job done

Mikey P

Administrator
Best advice I can give anyone with that tool is to keep your PSI below 600.

That thing will streak/etch stone and clay AND grout tiles like you would not believe.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Mike,

Carpet cleaner preferences are at work regarding the length complaint you have. Greenie is right.

When we designed wands at Steam Genie, the allowable length, so as not to create a wand that does not incur an "oversize" shipping charge had quite a lot to do with the end design.

If cleaners had not made it a "deal breaker" when they chose a wand, wholly based on shipping costs of yours, versus a competitor, the wands would be a tad longer. Sure, there would be a few that care more about the ergonomics, but the hard statistics of the situation made the decision. You give people what they want And if they put a few dollars less shipping as their top priority, you do it, whether it make sense or not.

That the Gecko can be shipped without a head, you would think the length wouldn't be such an issue though. Hmm.

Welcome to wand economics 101.

If the Lurch Gekko is marketable, they will build it.

TimP

I have one for doing edging but don't pull it out unless I can't get the edges clean with a towel. The thing is way too short for even me at 5'10. I don't see how Miikey can even reach down low enough for it. It hurts my back to lean over to use the thing. It definitely needs to be longer and also shorter to get under cabinets. That was one reason I bought it was to edge under them and it is lacking at best for this purpose. It needs a narrow wall and low profile to get to the edge of cabinets.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Greenie said:
You might be surprised to know that UPS shipping has more to do with the size determination of your tools than R & D does...

some part for the space shuttle, I believe the rocket boosters, were built to go by train, so they could only be so big,
they were dependent on the size of the tunnels
which were determined by the width of a train
determined by the width of the tracks
determined by the width of wagons
determined by the width of 2 horses

(the short version)

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
TimP said:
It definitely needs to be longer and also shorter to get under cabinets.

I'll pass this along to the HydroForce R&D team and see if they can come up with a wand that is both longer and shorter.

Scott Warrington

TimP

The attachment needs to have the shorter height. After re reading what I said I wanted to make sure. I can't get the edging tool to go under any cabinets especially with tile. Remember quite a few people put the cabinets in first then tile which means you have a good half inch less of height or more. I'd say 3-3.25 inches would be ideal for it to fit under a cabinet.

I find that the turbo hybrid could use a half inch shorter in height too. It fits under most but there are times where it don't.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom