Don't know if other Sapphire owners....

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
have waste tanks with no sight tubes but I'm guessing it's common for them not to have a sight tube that can be seen easily. My White Magic did and I relied on it.

Today at approx. 235 hours on my SS370 the Hartwil god da.. float switch decided to snooze and not shut off my machine. Just lovely seeing dirty soapy water spew out the machine. Blower belts smelled awful bad. Ya know from the first dam day I used the machine I missed my waste sight tube. Well I'll install one reallllll quick and my advice to others is consider a site tube on your tank. The legendary big dog ex-Prochem engineer behind the scenes at Sapphire screw you dude. You ended up hazarding our machines on a float switch that doesn't have the best rep in the navy. I had 2 fail me in the past on my older machine. Use to watch the level go up to see if it would shut down and nope. Always relied on my sight tube. Not having sight tubes I think is a Prochem bad habit. Guess you should have left that one behind......

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
As Lee mentioned a simple low cost fix. I never go out to the truck to view it. I'm more concerned about my fresh water level.

I've not had that many issues with the Harwell. Although we did have one break last week. On the inside of the tank, forst one I've ever seen break there.

Reactions: dealtimeman
Name
Lee Stockwell
Empty tank, remove dump valve. After measuring, drill hole in top of pipe fitting valve screws into.

Drill similar hole in bottom of top fitting vacuum hose connects to. Insert matching barb fittings into each hole and attach clear tubing and float sight ball.

FredC

Village Idiot
what Lee says

site.jpg

I made a video for Jim Martin once...but I must have deleted it

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I've complained about those switches a lot a sight tube doesn't help to much if your cleaning. The machine lose vacuum when the water level gets high even before it shuts of. I can tell when I'm close my guys haven't got a clue. Unless like you there's a water fall.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
instead of a Harwell switch, go to a simpler float switch, like a mercury switch. I have one in my old plexiglass apo that is over 20 years old.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
pics of installing a sight tube on waste tank. You need a 9/16" drill, 3/8" pipe tap, tap handle or socket and ratchet, 1/2"barbX3/8"mpt elbow, 1/2"i.d. clear hose (thick) and a float. For a float I sniped off a piece of 3/8" black thermoplastic hose. If you're nervous about cutting threads, practice on piece of scrap the same thickness of your tank. Then no guessing on level of waste.
3:8pipetap.JPG 1:2i.d.tube.JPG 1:2barb3:8mptElbow.JPG

1:2barb3:8mptElbow.JPG

1:2i.d.tube.JPG

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Can a harwell be fixed if there no clicking sound I know there magnets inside I've seen Jim Martin post a pic of one opened up to. @Jim Martin

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Can a harwell be fixed if there no clicking sound I know there magnets inside I've seen Jim Martin post a pic of one opened up to. @Jim Martin

Yes you can buy the Harwell micro switch but for the cost I would replace it, if you are at ice come by the zipper booth and i will let you know where you can get 3 Harwell assemblies for the price of one.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have done it close to the same as noble has done it with exception is I use threaded pipe nipple fitting into tank with a sharkbite threaded into it and the clear tubing just slides into the shark bite on both ends, thus no way for a hose clamp to be pushed or forced off.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

you can get the entire float switch...or any part you may need directly fro Harwel..

float...switch.... shaft..casing..etc...
just give them the number off the one you have...

http://harwil.com/

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

that's another problem some have...Harwil floats come with different size shafts...floats...and number of magnets ( which is real important )..pending what you are going to use them for...
they last for years..it is rare to have a problem with them unless...the wiring is over loaded and it is over working the switch...connection is loose or dirty and it is having to draw the circuit to hard...wrong float for the wrong area or application...
If the one you have has been working and it just wore out...make sure that you give them the number off the one you have.....

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I've gone through two in less then 2 years maybe I need one that's beefier.

Where's the beef?

Back
Top Bottom