dont see pooling on wool rugs too often..

Mikey P

Administrator
machine made wool..

20120925_104001_zpsdf5f4ff5.jpg

hyde?

tom?

lisa?

what causes this?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Actually pretty common on most wool cut-pile carpet and finer denier wool area rugs. Really common on hand-knotted Chinese rugs. What causes pooling is still a debatable topic.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I 2nd that...it being common.

I actually have it on my inspection list of what to look for before taking it away from a customer's house to the shop. To make sure a customer understands that being there and it may or may not change with cleaning. Also what's more important is- that we didn't cause it.

Chinese rugs have it all the time.. keep having to brush out before drying- in multiple directions to make it look better .

I just have a Pakistani 3x5 on the floor at the shop and that thing has pile reversal in 4 different directions...beautiful rug though. Old guy brought it over from Pakistan back in the 60's

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I agree with others it's very common usually from foot traffic & soiling

Bout once a year i'll get one and the owner theorizes the their must have been a water leak in the bathroom/ laundry room ?
See it on wool w/w too cleaned a room size Kashan 12x18 or so laying on carpet awhile back customer calls calming we delivered the rug back wet because the funny texture change on his wool carpet. The pooling went from one end of the house to the other up stairs down the hall and all the way into the master bedroom closet

when do we get to see the after pics :shifty:

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
lol

I clean a few a week in the home and refer out a few a month to our local rug *** shops.

like I said, just don't see it much.

that rug came out nice and bright but the pooling remained, obviously.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Usually the pooling stands out much more after cleaning if the rug is soiled to start.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Name
BradFenstermaker
see several a year. Mostly high traffic area's. Down a hall runner or living room corner that everyone walks on. Hard to catch sometimes until you've cleaned it.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
As I catch up on what's going on this evening ken's smiling face on his avatar will always bring fond memories of his presence on this board and ultimately life in general.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Freaks me out when I don't look at the date of the post before I start reading and then I see a post from Ken. Man still gets me right in the gut.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom