Don't You Love It When Employees ....

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Do stoopid $hit that costs you money!

Like "clip" the overhead door, yeah i was clipped alright for about $500.

Leave the hose "dripping", 1 drip per second over 10 hours = a small flood!

:dejection::dejection::icon_rolleyes:

Reactions: tmdry

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Your biggest "heart attack" might come when the Chimps accidently clean an unmarked Stark rug-- even though they have been trained Not Too!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
and yes it sucks but we are the ones who make the big bucks so every once in a while is ok.

the other day a crew left the back door of one of the trucks open and drove back from a job 55 miles away from the shop. it was a miracle that only an air path and a master blaster fell out(that we know of) because we had a lot of other stuff back there that day like ti wands and extra turbo tools.

if it happens more than once i begin to worry, if it happens more than twice - whoever did it begins to worry!

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
and yes it sucks but we are the ones who make the big bucks so every once in a while is ok.

the other day a crew left the back door of one of the trucks open and drove back from a job 55 miles away from the shop. it was a miracle that only an air path and a master blaster fell out(that we know of) because we had a lot of other stuff back there that day like ti wands and extra turbo tools.

if it happens more than once i begin to worry, if it happens more than twice - whoever did it begins to worry!

That's exactly the kind of stuff that is so frustrating to me, its basically un-trainable.
Can't account for every little thing, like driving with the emergency brake on or slamming down on it repeatedly. Then it breaks...

Listen i know what happens, have 20,000 hours or more of physical jobs in my life. The adrenaline is pumping, wife calling, boss is calling, customer is asking questions, etc.
Throw in energy drinks, coffee or soda and it can be hard to focus.
Just being human, get it...

Reactions: Mark Saiger

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I got to jump in on this one.

2 Trucks clipped pulling into warehouse 3 times total in 2 weeks last year.
Tech pulled on door handle in high end home $1000 door handle broken.
Tech tried to remove RX-20 head kicked it and destroyed center roto and 3 spray heads.
Tile tool left on commercial job. Disappeared before we got back
3 air mover lost in spring from water loss. They were rentals. I actually think another crew took them. guy was pulling off truck and stacking in street then carrying into house.

Here are a few pictures that get your heart racing.
Parking for Subway
View attachment 5093

Mirrors are cheap right?
View attachment 5094

The proper way to transport your equipment.
View attachment 5095

If you want to make the big bucks you have handle the big problems.

Seems like whenever I think this quarter will be a nice disbursement check someone spends it for me before I can cash it.
I wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Dang tom, if any of our trucks look like that, we better of made north of 50000 that week for it to be a valid excuse!

I understand balls to the wall work can lead to what techs believe is time saving and or effort saving practices. but if I look into a truck and there is no logical reason as to why it looks like that( good reason is that we have a crap load of jobs out and everyone is worn out) the crew that was in said truck will find themselves cleaning that equipment and organizing that truck on Sunday or whenever they think they might be off and on top of that they will be doing it on their dime and time.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
That was a $16,000 water loss. Gut and clean up.

It was left for the next day to clean up that was my problem with it.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
What the techs don't like to understand is that:

1. They want me to pay them for the time and effort it took to throw all the equipment in the truck like that. Uh no!

2. If they are being that careless and not forgoing thru normal or correct thought processing what did they miss or what did they break?

3. What happens if we get an early mourning loss and have to turn that equipment immediately around and it hasn't been cleaned and organized in the proper format as to be "work" ready for the next job.

4.THE BIGGEST PROBLEM I HAVE WITH IT IS - when equipment or trucks are put up like that- HOW DO YOU OR THE TECHS KNOW YOU HAVE EVERYTHING ON THE TRUCK AND NOTHING IS BEING LEFT OR STOLEN?

I like to be able to look into a truck and just at a glance be able to see that everything is in its place and nothing is missing. You can't do that in a messy or unorganized truck.

AND THAT COSTS ME MONEY!! I don't like loosing money just because of poor on the spot choices and my guys know it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It happens every time we get busy and while I hate, hate, hate it! When we are in the thick of it I'd rather process the work and then do a total clean up later. I wish it could be different but when are stretched thin, there is just too much to do and just not enough time in the day to do it.

I'd actually be fine with it looking like shit over night. But I'd want it addressed before that truck goes out again. :neutral:

We've been really busy for the last two months and I have a long list of areas we are slacking in from washing the vehicles, to putting equipment away, but it will have to wait until we slow down some to really address those areas.

Reactions: GCCLee

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
There you have it Chavez finally admits it he is a SLACKER!!!!!! LOL

Speed of the leader speed of the team I always say.:smile:

It happens every time we get busy and while I hate, hate, hate it! When we are in the thick of it I'd rather process the work and then do a total clean up later. I wish it could be different but when are stretched thin, there is just too much to do and just not enough time in the day to do it.

I'd actually be fine with it looking like shit over night. But I'd want it addressed before that truck goes out again. :neutral:

We've been really busy for the last two months and I have a long list of areas we are slacking in from washing the vehicles, to putting equipment away, but it will have to wait until we slow down some to really address those areas.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Never been much of a slacker.....in fact I steam cleaned 2500sq/ft at a large commercial job this am while the other guys ran 5-Cimex's.

Of course now I'm looking for the ibuprofen, my elbow hurts. :redface:

Its just getting worse...well better next week. :frown: :biggrin: :pig:

I have two house fires we need to start, a decent mold job, a tornado (glass & insulation) clean up and we are busy with carpet and air ducts. Not to mention the 3-4 water losses we get a week. :shifty:

Its going to be a rough ride for this slacker! :biggrin:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Pictures like toms pic would be great!

Especially of a 1200 dollar bent pipe formally sold and used as a carpet cleaning wand.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Everything has a place in our rigs too.

When I built this trailer (one of the only things that I miss when I sold a good chunk of my restoration equipment) I put those air mover holding units on the walls and knew if something missing....go looking!

Had a shelf up in the front "V" as well which I had hand tools and Dewalt tools. Had other specialty things such as brooms, wrecking bars, etc on roof and walls.

Probably going to have another all Aluminum trailer built if I keep doing small water work.

NewVanpicsandothers070_zpsd54b966b.jpg

Newtrailerwithblowers005.jpg

NewTrailerpicswithvan005.jpg

Reactions: SamIam

Chris A

Name
Chris
I was just prepping my second truck for the guys tomorrow and realized the wand wasn't in the van. .. that truck hasn't been used in three weeks. .. :(

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
add 4 techs who are not related to you and see how that works out for you. LOL

J

JS41035

Spends ten minutes trying to connect two male quick couplers. Quick birds an bees talk to explain the process.
Once the light bulb came on, he would giggle every time he hooked up a solution hose.
Young guys these days are about as mechanically inclined as a burnt stick.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Yeah I heard that. The MDF baseboards are the thing that really concerns me anymore.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
The worst one for me will always be crashing into a tree and totaling van/butler.

Of course the The Tree tried to sue :errf:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom