Dri Foam Cleaning

• Thread starter advanced curb designs
  • Start date
A

advanced curb designs

I have been putting a lot of time and effort into trying to decide which machine I want to go with. I used to own one of the largest carpet cleaning companies in Northern VA back in the 80's. annual sales were close to one million. We used to use a Advance rotary machine and clean them with Dri foam. I never felt any residue and could run my fingers right across the carpet and snap them with no problem, my problem was that it never extracted and I was always looking for a way to improve the service. I am close to buying a VON SCHRADER. Any thoughts. I"m not sold on HWE but the Rotovac 360 caught my attention. 8)

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't know anything about dry foam cleaning. All I have ever heard about it was negative, but I bet the majority of the folks talking bad about it either never had any experience with it, or were selling a competitive system.

Ray Moody used to do it and said it sucked, but then again, I've seen him endorse several methods over the years, only to see him switch boats a year or so later.

Encapsulation cleaning is the new rage and you can do it with several different machines. I wouldn't commit to the dry foam cleaning process until I had talked to Clark at Orbitecsolutions.com about pad machines.

But, if in the end you go with the dry foam machines, I want an invitation to come up there and see it in action.

Rex Tyus

I am close to buying a VON SCHRADER. Any thoughts.

You would be surprised how many cleaners have one in the shop or garage if they would admit to owning one.

I started with one. Now I don't use it. I am not going to out right bash it because there are some on here that like and continue to use them. If you want specifics PM me.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Everything old is new again. A lot of companies are using your old system but calling it encap cleaning. And don't worry your purty little head any more about extracting the soap because nowadays the customer just vacuums it out later. Oh,wait... that's what they used to do when you shampooed them. In any event, you'll get lots of advice here. Good luck.

A

advanced curb designs

Dri Foam

I guess every method has its pros and cons. Thanks for thoughts I'll keep you updated. 8)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have experience with VS

matter of fact, the machine sat in the loft of pole barn for year and years before i finally PITCHED the POS in the dumpster

VS is slow, out dated and gives mediocre results compared to almost every other method available today.

a simple rotary, bonnets and good encRapoo chems will yield faster and better results than VS

..L.T.A.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
admiralclean said:
Ray Moody used to do it and said it sucked, but then again, I've seen him endorse several methods over the years, only to see him switch boats a year or so later.

could read "Marty sutley..." just as easily.

A

advanced curb designs

DRI-FOAM

Everyone here has made some really good points. The machine is very slow and my first instinct was that it would be good for glued down carpet. I have also been speaking with the guys at ROTOVAC and he is telling me that they are coming up with a design that would allow a bonnet pad to attach to the 360. Every time I lean towards another machine I keep looking back at the 360. Will see. 8)

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've only used HWE, Encap cleaning and padding in my life. I've only had a negative experience with one ... padding. However, after encap. chemicals and OP machines with guide wheels came out, I gave padding another shot.

You just bought into PadPricks "method of the month" crap.

Rambo

Thanks Derek. I still use a Von Schrader Esprit for some furniture, but use only Releasit DS in the machine. Over the years I have tried all of their machines and could not recommend the floor machines at all. They are out of touch with cleaning chemestry today. They are so stuck in the 50s and 60s. Get a hold of Clark Lancaster at Orbitec and get his Defender and the CX20. You'll thank me later. www. Orbitecsolutions.com Marty is right and I have used a few different methods and will continue to do so as technology in our industry improves.

C

clean&fresh

Rambo's right about wanting to stay with steam and agitation. If you cant afford much to start, I recommend the US Product Solus. It does clean,extract and move MUCH faster then Von Schrader, and a rotovac 360 can be attached to it! I think you'd be very happy with my rotovac Solus combo for a total of 3000.00+2000.00 and can be put in a minivan. We are a retired couple supplementing our income with carpet cleaning. If you are young enough to see investment back and live in an urban area a truck mount is way to go! I'll always have truckmount envy!
Nita

Rambo

Nita, good to have you posting. I am impressed that you decided to supplement your retirement with carpet cleaning. Just because you have other income come-ing in, do not clean carpet on the cheap. It is not good for you or the other carpet cleaners that service in your area. I am not saying that you do, but please don't.

C

clean&fresh

Rambo, don't let my company name Affordable Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning fool you! It is a A in phone book! I really wish I'd called it Royal Carpet Cleaning or Quality Carpet Care, something to that effect. I generally charge 35 ct sq ft (25ct sq ft churches and some commercial) sometimes more as go per room sometimes instead of measure. I charge more for spot removal. Small trashed 3 1/2 room upper level of home about 350 sq ft was 150.00, other competitors bid less, I got job as reputation for getting job done well!!! I charge a little more, but take a little more care to quality. It took 3 hours, but turned out like new! I haven't advertised for a year as it has gotten around that I do quality work. I believe my competitors charge 25ct sq ft. I do not charge less than 25ct sq ft even for commercial carpet and churches.
My prices are higher, but so is my quality of service. I always tell customer if satisfied with results: tell their friends. My quality speaks for itself.
I started out 3 years ago before I was IICRC trained stupidly trying to be a few pennys less. Now some training and experience I think of myself as a High End High Service and Higher priced Carpet Restorer. Living in a fairly rural area I can charge alot more as gas prices are high for competitors to travel out of urban area, so we country carpet cleaners have less competition

Back
Top Bottom