"Dries in one Hour"

Name
Evets
Do you offer it? Do you advertise it?
Guy around here (Citrus Solution) advertises the dry in one hour thing. Has a very good business using a 175 w/pads - pump up sprayer - and agitates the pre-spray on spots with his shoe. No shit, has a video of him kicking it in with his foot on his website. https://citruscarpetcleaningathens.com/results/
Too damn funny, but this guy has a good business on the cheap.

Should I offer it in my adwords campaign? Dries in one hour? Maybe for lightly soiled carpet?
Watch his video. He's a joke but WTH?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Guy around here (Citrus Solution) advertises the dry in one hour thing. Has a very good business using a 175 w/pads - pump up sprayer - and agitates the pre-spray on spots with his shoe. No shit, has a video of him kicking it in with his foot on his website. https://citruscarpetcleaningathens.com/results/

Should I offer it in my adwords campaign? Dries in one hour? Maybe for lightly soiled carpet?
I've seen that dude on the web before. Isn't that a little franchise?

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot
Name
Evets
May be. Seriously, he has a good business but we're taking his customers that aren't satisfied. "Dries in one hour" is pretty powerful stuff. Hell, Chemdry built a huge business on it. They're truckmount now, but....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

So what do you do when it doesn't dry in an hour?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Yes but tell each caller that not all jobs qualify for 1 hour. Heavily soiled carpets will take longer.

Name
Evets
Yes but tell each caller that not all jobs qualify for 1 hour. Heavily soiled carpets will take longer.
Yeah, exactly! The hook, "Dries in one hour" gets the call. Then qualify it.
Everyone wants it to dry fast. Some have heard and maybe even experienced the horror stories of wet for two days cleaners.
That's my point: advertise it to get them to call, then qualify it and sell them the service they need based on level on soiling.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
What chems is that citrus guy using?

Has to be some brand name over the counter stuff we can all buy

steve_64

Just followed a chem dry padder today. She said it felt dirtier after he left. A $700 job and she wants me back for the furniture.

I love the padders around here. Let them advertise all they want. It just gives.me more reason to keep my prices high.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Is it really bait and switch? I'm not saying jack the price up. just get them to call and then use the best method to get their carpets clean.
When customers ask or I advertise, I tell them drying times are usually 8-10 hours, based on my experience in my area. I have never had a customer not book because of the drying time. An excessively soiled carpet may take 24 hours to dry. I would rather be honest with my customers rather than have to explain why their carpets don't qualify for the fast drying time.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not in the U.S. too many believe the marketing
And that's the point, it's just marketing. It's not the truth. You get your foot in the door, then tell the customer, "uh oh, it's more heavily soiled than I thought. That will be an extra $9 per room. I see some doggie stains, you need our super duper deodorizer, did you have your carpets Scotchgard last time? Let me explain what that is."

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
And that's the point, it's just marketing. It's not the truth. You get your foot in the door, then tell the customer, "uh oh, it's more heavily soiled than I thought. That will be an extra $9 per room. I see some doggie stains, you need our super duper deodorizer, did you have your carpets Scotchgard last time? Let me explain what that is."
Isn't that bait and switch?

Reactions: encapman

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Isn't that bait and switch?
Yes, promising one thing then delivering another. It's ok if some jobs are different from your average. But if you practice this deliberately on every job, it is bait and switch. It's ok to charge extra for extra services but not when charging predatory prices.

Reactions: encapman
Name
Evets
Relax man, you're going to the extreme with this. I never said jack the price up for different levels of soiling or pet stains. Whatever happened to using whatever tool is necessary to get the job done? Get the call, eh? Then do the f'n job.

Name
Evets
When customers ask or I advertise, I tell them drying times are usually 8-10 hours, based on my experience in my area. I have never had a customer not book because of the drying time. An excessively soiled carpet may take 24 hours to dry. I would rather be honest with my customers rather than have to explain why their carpets don't qualify for the fast drying time.
8-10 hours? WTH are you soaking the carpets with? Use a Rotovac for crying out loud. We never have 8-10 hour drying times. Do you own any air movers?

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Back
Top Bottom