Drive to Florida to Score a job in MN Hotel, Mikey's Fest 2017

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
While Cleaning at the Hotel in St. Petersburg, FL for Mikey's Fest.... couple was watching us in the lobby cleaning.

Somehow quick chat about what was going on, where was I from....

Minnesota? We are from there too! We own a Large Hotel in Brainerd, Where are you from?

Grand Rapids, MN....about hour and 15 minutes away....saw my van also outside, grabbed a card and said they would be calling....well thanks...never expecting to really hear from them but nice gesture.....

They just called at 8:30 am this morning. They don't like how their floors look currently. I am going there Monday morning....look over and give a price.

You never know who is watching and your potential for maybe securing some new business.

Would be a cool job actually!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Got to admit....the van sure looks nice under palm trees though....love and miss the warm weather  

2017-02-25 07.19.42.jpg

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

An hour and 15 minutes away for a quote?
He sure likes to drive!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I lived in Brainerd when I was a kid. Beautiful place! It's actually kind of a funny story.

My dad wanted to finish up his college degree at the University of Minnesota. So we moved from Florida up to Minneapolis. After he finished at the university my parents planned to move back down to Florida. But my dad took a short term job in Brainerd at a small college. And they rented a house on Gull lake.

Here's the crazy part. The house my parents rented was owned by a successful business man who wanted to rent the house over the loooong winter to keep the pipes from freezing. It was a good deal for a young family looking for a short term rental. The business man's name was Hillyard (of the Hillyard chemical company). So as a kid I lived in Mr Hillyard's house - and look what business I ended up in. I've often wondered if there was something in the wall boards that got to me. ;-)

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I lived in Brainerd when I was a kid. Beautiful place! It's actually kind of a funny story.

My dad wanted to finish up his college degree at the University of Minnesota. So we moved from Florida up to Minneapolis. After he finished at the university my parents planned to move back down to Florida. But my dad took a short term job in Brainerd at a small college. And they rented a house on Gull lake.

Here's the crazy part. The house my parents rented was owned by a successful business man who wanted to rent the house over the loooong winter to keep the pipes from freezing. It was a good deal for a young family looking for a short term rental. The business man's name was Hillyard (of the Hillyard chemical company). So as a kid I lived in Mr Hillyard's house - and look what business I ended up in. I've often wondered if there was something in the wall boards that got to me. ;-)

Love it :)

rick imby

Name
Rick

Sure Blame your misfortune on Chemicals in the walls when you were growing up....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom