"dry cleaning"

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I have a request by the franchise company to do completely dry cleaning. No moisture, no encapping... nothing.

Anyone know of this method? It's decent square footage and being considered to be bid at .22 sft.

Thanks

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Vacuum it real good LOL.

As far as I know even Host has some liquid solvent in their "sawdust". Maybe ask them to define "drycleaning".

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I suspect they mean Host Capture, Brush Pro Powder or some other dry compound. All of these products have some dry cleaning solution involved, but they don't necessarily use any water. They all do have a water-based spotter or booster or some option for water-based cleaning.

Name
Jesse
If you do it, make sure your good at applying your product. I had the pleasure of watching a Milicare dude attempt correction of his sales guys misuse of product. He did a demo area in the hall of a building + the entire leasing office. 3 solid days later they let him call it ok. We fixed what was left over probably a dozen cleanings. Purple carpet / white powder :lol:

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have used Host in the past. It works way better than I thought it would. I used a CRB machine. It took a lot of vacuuming to get all the powder out of the carpet.

hogjowl

Idiot™
A couple of years ago a dude from a local church called me to clean the church. He was on whatever committee handled it. Since then he has rotated off the committee and I lost contact with him. His full-time job was as a facility manager for the State of Alabama Teacher Retirement building. This is a 7 or 8 story building in Montgomery. He was questioning me about how I cleaned and told me that the building he manages will ONLY allow the millicare system to be used on it. As far as I know, that system is still being used there.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I am sure that with new technology their product is better for commercial carpet...
but 20 yrs ago a had to use Capture on many commercial accounts and the carpet would look the
same after cleaning. In some cases, we would go back and use portable equipment and
air movers to dry the carpet without the customer knowledge to make it look clean.
The customers where sold on Milliken and the capture system.
You can buy Capture @ Sears. I use it on small bright colored tuft rugs that I am uncomfortable wet cleaning, It works well.
I also have a case of Host sponges but I do not think the do as good of a job.
Tell them that U will Captured it and encap it, it will dry fast and look better.
Luis

Back
Top Bottom