Dry stripping vct

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Do they make 3m prep pads for a cimex? I was thinking of using my Cimex to do a job. Anyone ever try this?

Thank you

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I don't think that would work too well. You would want to look for more of a sanding pad instead of a scraping/scrubbing pad.
Take a look at a "square scrub" or similar product. They are designed to sand off several layers of finish wet or dry.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its the same pad we use on our square scrubber. I think it could work but who knows what a mess it could make. I'd be concerned about breathing the dust and collateral spread of dust.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I figured I could just drop a little water from the cimex to keep the dust down. I rented a square scrub once and it broke on the job. It was nice for about 5 minutes. I'm going to see if they got it fixed. Just looking for a alternative in case I can't rent it again. Eventually I want to get a op to do this with. I hate wet stripping anymore.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Get the abrasive maroon pads for your 175. Prevac and then use the shower feed with neutral cleaner to wet scrub the VCT.

It will gently remove the top layer or so. Don't do it dry, it takes too long and your pads won't last long.

Wet scrubbing means no dust or nasty chemicals and it is speedy and foolproof. However if the floor is trashed, just use stripper and hog it all up.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I wonder how a sanding screen would work on a cimex.

I found a wood op sander with a vacuum on it for rent at Home Depot. This would solve the dust problem.

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
You can get the pads for your 175 as said above or rent this at home depot rental
square-buff-floor-sander.jpg
You need the weight to make the pads work good. If you want to use it dry the vac picks up a lot of the dust or you can just unhook the vac tubes and use it with water. I have one of these machines and it works very well on VCT. I think it might out do the Square Scrub because it weighs more.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
That's the one I was looking at. Have to go check it out. I already have pads for it from the square scrub I rented that broke on me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom