Dry times,

steamron

Name
Ron
I had a customer call 4 hours after I left and he tells me his wife is a little upset because the carpet is still wet.
I usually tell everyone one that it depends on conditions, air flow, humidity, climate.
But this carpet needed stretched in every bedroom and the hall, using the titanium wand you could see the carpet moving with the strokes. I believe that may delay the drying even longer.
Any thing like this happen with you?

Thanks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had a customer call 4 hours after I left and he tells me his wife is a little upset because the carpet is still wet.
I usually tell everyone one that it depends on conditions, air flow, humidity, climate.
But this carpet needed stretched in every bedroom and the hall, using the titanium wand you could see the carpet moving with the strokes. I believe that may delay the drying even longer.

Thanks
You need to set customer expectations. Most carpets will not be completely dry in 4 hours. I usually tell my customers 8-12 hours and on heavily soiled carpets, up to 24 hours. I'm not talking dry to the touch. I'm saying dry to testing with a moisture meter. You don't want them replacing furniture before your sure it's dry.

Mikey P

Administrator

Thanks

One hour or less for folks who put dry times above all else.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides

Thanks
If drying is a concern (most cases it is), but a real worrier, I let them interact. I ask which is the most important to get dry first.
If possible, do that area first and let the fan work that room for the whole job. All I can do is try.

Reactions: SamIam

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
1698491532338.png

lta

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Check your filters and hose connections, and make sure the wand head is cleared. sometimes the head gets blocked with lint.

It might be dry and just a misperception issue. The temperature of the carpet will decrease as the water evaporates, just like your body cools itself through perspiration. Our mind misinterprets this coolness as wetness. Have the customer press tissue paper into the carpet and see what happens. It might take a few days for the carpet temperature to return to normal unless heat is used.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom