drying wood floor

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
In general I would think this is an install you can save.

You'll need to get air exchanged through there, something that's probably not going to be possible.

Can you pull moisture from the plywood through the hardwood floor? Very unlikely.

Sorry but unless it's an isolated area, I doubt you'll be able to cost effecively dry it.

Is there moisture beneath the plywood?
If the moisture is only in the wood and has not penetrated more than 1/4 inch into the lywood, then you can with TES and injecti-dries.

If the moisture is any deeper than that, then no way.

Meter very thoroughly. The crete's temp will cause condensation so if the mositure is down that deep you wont get it out.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have had two jobs with similair scenarios and both times did not come out 100%. The trick to wood is drying it as close to AHAM as possible and using the best lgr';s available combined with at least decent sized dessicant dehu. The last time I tried a couple of drieaz airpaths and a drieaz rescue mat system and still was not able to dry it fast enough to save the whole floor. From then on I will tell the customer that it is not cost effective to try to dry the wood and aleast down here in texas the insurance agrees.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was thinking about this post before I fell asleep last night. What we would normally do, if we thought there was a good chance of saving the floor is tell the homeowner and adjust we will ATTEMPT to dry it at no risk to them. If we dry it we charge full rate, we we don't we charge only for our time.

Now this would only be for a test, a set of panels and Injectidry and a E-TES. Not much to lose if you own the equipment. If it works, you setup the whole floor, if it doesn't you lose a day's drying, big deal.

Worth risking if you own the equipment! 8)

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
what happen is the condo upstairs flooded the guy down stairs was out of town so
the the wood floor was wet for a week before we got to it.We are trying a vapor barrier with dehus blowing
into the barrier we don't have a desiccants at least not yet.Thanks for the input guys

Do this with your injecti-dry panels and dehus.

photos003-1.jpg

photos004.jpg

If you don't have panels, then just tear it up.

Again, how deep did the moisture penetrate? If it is down to the concrete then don't bother drying.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom