Dusty's "Rug Rack"

Chris A

Name
Chris
anyone have a cheaper solution? Looks like the things they drag behind tractors to groom ball fields...

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
You are not going to find a whole lot cheaper that work as well. Many Many Many people have tried. For minimal surface area while maintaining support, these just work very well when beating a rug from the back. Now if you plan on doing air dusting, then any rubber matting grid would work.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL Those "things" are called a "harrow".

41azWK9c3WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I like our rug badger but don't like the rack either.

Jeff Bishop had a plastic one that interlocked. Where are the Neville brothers they took Jeff's class, maybe they can tell us something about the plastic one?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I think Chris is talking about the rack to hang rugs on. Dusty told me he patterned it after ours that he saw in pics. Chris I'll email you pics and fyi we walked right past them when you were here a couple weeks ago :-)

harryhides

Name
Tony
Chris, you could make a cheap one out of 2x4's and some rope or you could do it right and get a real rack like this one of mine that will lift a soaking wet 9x12 with ease.

RugBayOverview3.jpg

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
Jeff's interlocking grid was in the pit to allow water to flow through the rug. I think he used the metal grid for dusting.
If your are a farmer it's a harrow, and baseball sux so I dont know what they call it.

I thought he was asking about the drying rack too.

Tony

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Doc Holliday said:
No man they are "harrows"!

You can call a rug a Sarouk, but it still a rug!

Drag mat your as* on out of here! :p

It's a harrow! :lol:

Ok... I challenge thee to a dual! you pull a "harrow" over your foot and I'll drag a "drag Mat" over mine and we'll see who's right! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I prefer my harrow to have spikes in it or disks if its a disk harrow.. least thats how it is out at our Farm: We only do 6000 acres though.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:lol: Ok but I'm flipping mine up for smoothing.

They make them with tynes, links and disks, used to smooth out dirt. Most are made so you can flip them for more aggressive work or flipped for finish work.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:shock:

I've not seen a tractor with treads? My neighbor has a bunch of different kinds of tractors, some of it monster equipment but none like that.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We got that about a year ago to replace our Large fourwheel drive. John Deere started making those in compeition to the Caterpillar challenger program about 5 years ago. They really do a great job of reducing soil compaction and when you are in the field they have a pretty sweet ride. Combine it with the greenstar program GPS and you can set the end rows on the board computer and the tractor will steer itself nice and straight. The premium package GPS greenstar we use for our planting tractor will keep straight rows and keep the tractor centored for row spacing good to with in 1/4".

Now if a GPS system can do that, don't tell me Uncle Sam isn't checking out the Nude beaches in high Def from space!

Dr Vapeur

Supportive Member
Name
Richard Gagne
We have been using the plastic squares you buy at the hard wear store, they come in packages of 10 and cost about $1 per square ft. They are a bit of a nusance to roll up to store but work well, inexpensive and we can change the size of our work area as needed.
RG

Chris A

Name
Chris
jeez leave for a few hours. Anyway, I was talking about the metal grids for dusting, the dry tower is something I'm just gonna have to fork out for. Jeezus Christ, where's the Harbor Freight drag mat?

Name
Nate W.
Dr. Vapeur said:
We have been using the plastic squares you buy at the hard wear store, they come in packages of 10 and cost about $1 per square ft. They are a bit of a nusance to roll up to store but work well, inexpensive and we can change the size of our work area as needed.
RG

I wish I could find some plastic ones down here, let alone at that price.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Dr. Vapeur":3ra3r5c7]We have been using the plastic squares you buy at the hard wear store, they come in packages of 10 and cost about $1 per square ft. They are a bit of a nusance to roll up to store but work well, inexpensive and we can change the size of our work area as needed.
RG

I wish I could find some plastic ones down here, let alone at that price.[/quote:3ra3r5c7]

I priced those out at $3-5 square feet. Still not bad, but for that money I'd rather be able to roll it up.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Doc Holliday said:
Heck, might as well come with a remote and you could sit in back in an easy chair and run it! :p

Pretty cool, I bet that sucker cost some big bucks!

Heck when you have a full console DVD player, completely sound proof cab, air ride suspension and well here look:

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatal ... eries.html

click the cab link!!

Sorry Chris we hijacked the thread...

Yeah Chavez its amazing howmuch some of this equipment cost and here we peck and moan about the cost of a truckmount. I guess only difference is that as long as you have the land and the weather cooperates, you are guarenteed some form of income.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Sorry Chris- Racks are we call our portable drying units that we have (separate from our dry room). Why would they be called racks if they are really matts?

Disregard the picture I sent you.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Do a search and you'll find a Mikey thread asking the same question. He finally decided saving a couple of bucks wasn't worth the hassle of using something that would probably work like something that you bought to save a couple of bucks.

Of course, now you know you can get Randy's for cheap.

PS: Mr. Schoolmarm says, "I challenge you to a duel." "My Power Wagon has dual wheels." :wink:

John Watson

Miss Hildy and her Hoe Down flo (Grid) are also for sale.

Well you git don the fiddle, roozen up the bow, kick off yer shoes and throw em on the flo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom