Edic 1 2 3 your out

Ken692

Name
Kenny
So I have 3 Edic units in disrepair. 1 the Polaris 700ps is not pumping water, thinking I need the pump. Looks like $220
From what I see its 50psi, can I upgrade this to 100?
The brush is noisy and it sucks ok.
#2 the fivestar is in nice shape but the brush motor is shot $135 and not pumping water $180
oh boy
#3 is a well used fivestar the pump is not working, the brush works ok but vacuum is less than stellar
I really need to get these running and I ordered some parts any help is apricieated

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I'm not familiar with the Edic self-contained machines, but from looking at their videos it looks like they use pretty standard pumps and vacs. Parts changing should not be too traumatic. I would be reluctant to suggest upping the pressure, as you will be putting down more solution yet not improving recovery - probably leading to wetter carpets.

EDIC

Name
Rick
Hi Ken,
This is Rick at EDIC, we spoke last month when we did some tests on your Polaris and, based on the pictures you emailed me, it was an older unit with an older style 100PSI Flojet pump that had a broken pressure switch due to freezing. If you recall, I was looking for a good replacement housing that I could gift you but was unsuccesful. Sorry you're having such a hard time!

I happen to have a near new condition Shurflo pump that came off a freight damaged sales rep's machine. It's still a used unit, but it's a solid low mileage pump with full 100PSI pressure and is an outright replacement for your machine, I'd be happy to give it to you at a substantial savings.

As far as your Fivestars go, I'm willing to bet we can get at least one of them up and running within one phone call. We also have repair kits for pumps which may save you some money. I don't recall how old your fivestars were but those little guys are tough as nails and easy to work on. Call me, let's get these units moving and those carpets clean!

I hope to hear from you.
800-338-3342 ext 109

-Rick

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Awesome thank you I'll call soon

Ken692

Name
Kenny
This is great, a few parts and I'll have a nice line of equipment, but I'll have to do some work here, there are parts I can't find. I have my heart set on a few sizes. I just ordered a nice 1200, I'm really starting to get amped up, I hope I can get the five up fast

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
FredC said: ↑
should be easy to find
https://www.google.com/search?q=pla...s_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=nylon 90 degree elbow barb
It's the elbow that makes it tricky, it's my fault I squished it trying to take the line off. :-(

Next time cut the hose, unscrew then slice the rest of the hose off the barb. When you put it back on lube(spit) the inside of the hose. You should be able find that stuff at home depot, menards, ace, etc. Bring the piece with.

Reactions: Mikey P

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Ruff they have them but there not showing the pressure rating most are 120 psi, sounds a little low. I see there in Ipswich that's not to far from me. Good tip

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Ken, is there any spot in your machines where the pressure exceeds 120 psi? Why do you need 300?

Ken692

Name
Kenny
What's the difrance with 2 stage and 3 stage vacuum? one has seen the day

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
They make them in brass as well.
They last longer

not that I think there's anything wrong with brass...but who puts brass fittings on a 100psi Flowjet or Surflo pump ??
and when have you ever seen one fail on such a pump??
the pump will fail before the fitting does

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom