Edic 1 2 3 your out

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Oh no looks like I'm out of luck the chassis has failed the mounting bolts cracked off, looks like this was a victim of a flood, the brush is shot. The motor is blah.
D75FE9F7-ACD8-462A-8B1C-D0F4DA0A5B50.jpg

Ken692

Name
Kenny
I have a strange thing happening,
When the edic is off the solution keeps dripping out, not a little a good amount. I checked it and it's coming from the nozzle. Any suggestion why?

EDIC

Name
Rick
When the edic is off the solution keeps dripping out, not a little a good amount. I checked it and it's coming from the nozzle. Any suggestion why?
Ken,
Which machine? The Polaris utilizes a solenoid to relieve or stop pump pressure, if it is stuck open due to contamination, it may allow whatever water is after the pump's "out" to leak out.

The Fivestars don't have this but instead use a check valve to stop water from draining when not in use. Typically a leak will occur if that check valve is missing (early models) or stuck open due to debris.

Reactions: dgardner and Ken692

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Five I did not see the check valve,
I'll need that

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino

Nozzle?

From regulator hole .. change out bullet rubber ring (whole bullet or lube the bullet)
From fitting .. might be a worn out rubber ring so replace fitting

Ken692

Name
Kenny
image.jpg

I don't see a gasket or o-ring

EDIC

Name
Rick
Hello Ken,
If your unit is an older one, then the location would be on the intake hose. Here is an older unit for your reference. The two pieces house the checkvalve assembly, you would need to take them apart and inspect for sticking, debris, etc.

CHECKVALVE OLD LOCATION.jpg

If it is a unit post 2007, then the CV housing would be located on the back of the machine, in between the male Q.D. and the Elbow before the hose.

CHECKVALVE CURRENT LOCATION.jpg

If you don't have a check valve in either location, then you can order a 12132A check valve retro fit kit.

Hope this helps!

Ken692

Name
Kenny
You know it's not that bad now?
I may have just need it to run a bit. But I'll try can catch it.
That's some nice info, it's 2006
I'm going to look and see if I have one.

Ken692

Name
Kenny

The quick connect is rusted should change it. Going to look at my hand tool see what connector I'll need

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom